*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1974478-The-Transplant/cid/2985311-You-received-the-transplant
by Wassel
Rated: GC · Interactive · Adult · #1974478
Experimental brain transplant surgery saves either your life, or someone very close.
This choice: You received the transplant.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #7

You received the transplant.

    by: 50rich
"...You were the one who received the transplant. Your injuries were the most severe of all the victims and needed immediate action to save your life.."

"Ohhh god..... No.." You gasped in shock, your heart skipping a beat as he pointed at you as he spoke. "Me?! You did it to me! Why didn't you open with that!! Am I going to turn into Godzilla or into the Hulk or something??" Your voice rising in panic.

"It's called Project Gargantua, not Project Hulk, Tim" Kerry corrected you. " You're not going to turn into a mindless green monster anytime soon."

"Of course not, that would be preposterous! All the previous subjects kept their brain functions post transformation." Dr. Saunders chimed trying to calm you down, until you caught what he just said.

"Transformation?? What transformation?! What's going to happen to me!" Your eyes widen as you look at the doctors in fear, before looking down at your still (though apparently not for long) normal body.

"Well..." Dr. Kerry began to speak, looking down at his clipboard. "In your case, in order for it to work, we had to implant some donor brain tissue to properly complete the procedure, brain tissue from another person in the accident who could afford to give it and who agreed to donate it so you may live another day.

This was insane. How many people were in this accident and now the question was how was this new bombshell revelation going to affect you? What did this all mean? What was going to happen to you? All these questions and more rattled in your mind. You couldn't help but at least feel some gratitude and guilt that someone had to step in and donate a piece of their body for you to live.

"Are they okay? Will the procedure hurt them?" You ask, trying to deflect and change the subject.

"You have nothing to be concerned for Tim, we performed their procedure days ago, and they are almost fully recovered and grateful you are alive, that's all that matters to them. As far as transformation, it's hard to say what will exactly happen, but I can promise you there will be changes to your physiology, some growth confirmed. But with the combination of this persons brain tissue and hormone regulation, their DNA, it's impossible to tell exactly what may happen, but I can assure you that you are in good hands.

You remain speechless, clearly shaken, before realizing you haven't asked a very important question.

"God... so who's brain matter is in my head?

You have the following choices:

1. A family Member's

*Noteb*
2. Someone from your school

3. Someone you don't know

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 50rich (UN: hardy13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wassel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1974478-The-Transplant/cid/2985311-You-received-the-transplant