*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1942914-The-Wandering-Stars/cid/3229870-Moonstruck
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1942914
A secret society of magicians fights evil--and sometimes each other.
This choice: Continue  •  Go Back...
Chapter #29

Moonstruck

    by: Nostrum
It was an hour after dusk. Mireya and Jeff drove silently back to the hotel, though not without a couple of gifts. Some were customary yet meaningful, such as the cards where "Mr. and Mrs. Vredenburg" expressed their thanks to all the visitors for "sharing the happiest day of our lives together". Others, such as the bouquet, or the pink garter laced with a ribbon that left Jeff looking perplexed, had a different and distinct meaning.

Mireya thought long and hard over Lucy’s words during the reception. She had returned Lucy's observations with a rather unusual compliment of her own by praising her counseling skills. ("I was actually thinking about that" was Lucy’s reply, coupled by a "maybe I’ll be a counselor at Westside.") She had recalled how Jeff sheepishly greeted Cindy away, yet couldn’t help staring at her while she delivered her speech as maid of honor. She saw a venue to start the most important conversation in their lives—or at least, what she suspected would be.

"Say, who was that 'Seth' that Cindy talked about?"

Jeff shivered a little. "He was Cindy’s boyfriend back in high school," he groaned. "She didn’t mention it on the speech, but it was apparently someone else’s fault."

"Someone else?"

"Yeah. Chelsea Cooper, head cheerleader."

Mireya rolled her eyes, scoffing. "Don’t tell me she was the stereotypical—"

"—alpha bitch? Yeah." Mireya noticed how easily he finished her sentence for her. There's chemistry between us, she couldn't help thinking. Especially when he was as he was now: relaxed, comfortable, and radiant. The moonlight seemed to glow about him like a spotlight. "Though, I never imagined Lucy of all people would be against that relationship."

"You’d probably do the same if Marty met someone you didn’t like. I’d definitely do that with Vane."

"Pro’lly," he replied with a chuckle. "If I met someone that you didn’t like, you’d do the same?"

Mireya bit her lip, cursing into herself. ¡Coño, pero serás bruta! Now he thinks you’re like his sister! Her thoughts dug deeper. What if that’s what he considers me? I should—

Her face shone as she found a way to retort. "Like Cindy?"

Jeff chortled, his blushing cheeks capturing Mireya’s attention. "Sure, like her!"

"Well, I wouldn’t say anything." She lied, Mireya sarcastically said to herself. "I mean—she's quite the catch. Almost like having another Lucy, right?"

Jeff gasped, swallowing hard. "That’s... They’re different, I guess. I mean, sure, they’re super-gorgeous, but now that I’ve been to other places, I don’t think I could, uh..."

"Hold a relationship with them?"

"Yeah," Jeff muttered. "I wouldn’t feel comfortable being with her. I don’t think we’d click." His glanced back nervously at the garter.

Mireya breathed in relief, realizing Jeff was as confused as she was with his own feelings. She noticed how, by being indirect, by skirting around the matter, she could make him feel comfortable, but she dreaded posing the question. She needed something that would catch him unaware. Something that would disassociate the weight of the question with—

She made a mischievous grin as she saw Jeff’s face. "Why?"

"Uh, because—"

"She’s hot, but other than that, she’s not what you’re looking for in a girl. Right?"

Jeff grinned, and looked relieved. "Pretty much. Maybe I... I dunno, I could get used to some stuff, but she’s ... too superficial?"

Superficial. Mireya's grin turned devilish as she made her move. "What if you could have Cindy’s beauty on someone more interesting?"

"Eh?" Jeff made a double take, his interest piqued. "How?"

Mireya placed her fingers upon her face, signaling her idea discreetly. "You know how."

"I thought you hated them!"

"I hate the mind strips, because they’re an intrusion of privacy. The masks, though... Not gonna lie, they’re creepy, but I guess that depends on who uses them."

"Same thing as the tabula—I mean, the mind strips. They’ve got good uses—don’t need to force answers from anyone when you can just slap one of those." Jeff's matter turned jittery, and with his palms up and out he looked like a child trying to apologize. "I give you that. They’re still dangerous in the wrong hands—"

"You don’t have to justify that to me," said Mireya as she rubbed Jeff's hand. Then, startled by her own action, she pulled away. Otra vez... "Think of this as ... a thought experiment. Think that you could put Cindy’s face on someone else. Don’t tell me who. Tell me what would that person need to have?"

The question caused Jeff to sink into himself. He started mumbling to himself, fidgeting with his fingers while looking at the floor. When he finally answered, his voice sounded as someone who had made the breakthrough of the century.

"There’s so many things I could look at, but... Well, for one, someone who understands me. No. Someone who helps me be better. Someone who lets me go when I need to, but holds my hand when I shouldn’t. Someone I can trust everything—every secret, every thought, because I know they’ll get it."

Mireya listened to Jeff’s description of his perfect partner in detail, absorbed by the seemingly long list of things required. She focused on what she could get from the most expected unraveling—someone who was insecure, but unafraid to ask others for help. Someone who was tired of hiding things. Someone who desperately sought somebody to be with, to share his most intimate secrets.

She was distracted by a stray chuckle, calling her back from cloud nine. "—but I guess you know who I’m talking about already."

She reacted with genuine surprise. "M-me?"

"Pretty much. I mean, I get it, you’re a couple years older than me, and you probably see me as your kid brother or something—"

"I’m starting to doubt it, though." Mireya couldn’t believe the words came out of her mouth. "When I first met you, I figured you were some creepy troublemaker, but then I saw you dealing with Marty, and I figured there was more to you than what you seemed to be. And then...I couldn’t help but dig deeper. I wanted to know the real you, because I felt you needed someone to share all your fears. And...as I kept going, I... started sharing things I don’t share with anyone else. I guess...I just didn’t realize when these feelings turned into something else."

It took her a while to realize they were already parked at the La Quinta lot, the soft hum of the engine distracting her from the turmoil of emotions packed within. She looked at Jeff, utterly confused. Where did she fail? Would their relationship fade away, just because they were still too confused about their feelings?

She only had one thing to do. Taking off her seatbelt, Mireya lunged upon Jeff’s lips, closing her eyes as they met. She could hear the young man’s gasp of shock, his mouth slowly opening, as she dug deeper...



Mireya was finally glad to take off the dress, as it was starting to grow too tight. Though she asked for Jeff to help her get in, it was easier for her to get out, and she asked him to take a shower first. She stretched, loosening the provocative burgundy dress from her skin, as if taking a layer of skin off. As she turned, she noticed Jeff staring at her with wide-open eyes. She enjoyed seeing him blush, as she began to flirt with him—though once she did in jest, now she did with greater intention. "Come on... You’ve already seen this on the mirror, haven’t you?"

"Uh..." Jeff could barely speak the words. "I... I did, but—"

"Well, you don’t have to act so scared anymore!" She released the dress on the floor, shaking off the bracelets from her arms. "I trust you. If I hadn’t, I’d have already taken a few teeth off you with a good punch."

"That..." Jeff gulped, tittering nervously. "That’s true. Uh..." He grasped the towel tightly, pointing at a seat nearby. "I’ll go sleep there again; you can have the—"

Mireya prowled towards him, smirking. "Thanks for being such a gentleman, but you can’t lie to me anymore. That kiss we had..." Her lips relaxed into a cute smile as she grasped his hand tightly. "It felt magical, don’t you think?"

"Felt...uh, different, yeah. Can’t say magical. After all, I—"

"I said that in the figurative sense, Jeff!" Mireya giggled, covering her mouth—though leaving her breasts bare, giving the young man a very inconvenient boner. "It felt special, though. Maybe we’re taking this too fast, but...we won’t know if we don’t try. So... how about we share a bed? This time, at least."

"Uh, I..." Jeff felt cornered, snickering in amusement. "Can’t believe this is happening."

"Neither do I, but..." Mireya led Jeff into the bed, sitting down first. Her eyes gleamed as she saw him; same shy look in his eyes, his youthful look hardening into a handsome, even if not rugged, face. As he laid down, she took the last bit of her attire—the brief-style panties hopelessly swallowed by her tight and rotund ass, and playfully smacked him with them, grinning with excitement. "...there’s always a first time for everything."

As she undressed him, slowly, a perplexed Jeff nervously confessed his virginity. "I, uh... Never done it. Dunno if I’ll—"

"Lucky for you, I do." Mireya winked, laying atop the young man, their skin touching each other. She grabbed his hands, placing them squarely on her legs. "Don’t feel afraid to ask; it means you’re considering your partner."

"Uh, but I thought..."

"What if next time you do it with that Cindy Vredenburg?" she teased with another wink. "Too bad you don’t have one of those mind strips around, though."

"Wh-why?"

Mireya thrust her labia at Jeff’s erect member, giggling. "That would make the next part a whole lot easier." She nibbled behind his ear, moaning in pleasure. "It’s time that you know this part of me, Will."

You have the following choice:

1. Continue

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Nostrum (UN: nostrum777 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1942914-The-Wandering-Stars/cid/3229870-Moonstruck