*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1935354-Bigger-Stronger-Fluffier/cid/1831200-Friendly-Conversation
Rated: GC · Interactive · Animal · #1935354
An anthropomorphic muscle growth interactive featuring guys getting big.
This choice: 'How about we try that cafe that opened nearby?'  •  Go Back...
Chapter #7

Friendly Conversation

    by: Darknevoir
After watching baseball for what seemed like an eternity, you think that doing anything else would be a better use of your time. You are about to suggest heading to the movie theatre, however, a growl emanating from your stomach suggests that you should get something to eat instead. "How about we try that cafe that opened nearby? I kinda wanna check it out."

Darren nods in agreement. "Sounds great. I think I roughly remember where it is." With that, you both begin to head out the door, making sure you have your wallets with you.

You depart the apartment complex with haste, your stomach reminding you of your goal. You passed by several other restaurants that you almost wanted to enter, but you felt determined to make it to the destination you set. After a while it seemed like you two were wandering aimlessly through the streets, but a quick scan of the area revealed that you weren't that far off. The cafe ended up being farther than you initially thought, but it wasn't all bad as you enjoyed the walk to get there.

"Well, we're here." Darren exclaimed. You liked the look of the place, very quaint and cozy; the name, however, gave you pause.

"Um, not to knock on whoever named this place, but 'Chez Café'? They do know that literally translates to 'In Coffee', right?" You didn't want to admit it, but the French course you were forced to take in high school might have been more useful than you thought.

"They probably picked the name because it sounds somewhat foreign." Darren reasons. "Not to mention the fact that because it rhymes, it's easier to remember." You wanted to say something, but you quickly remembered why you came here in the first place and entered the building.

The interior was fairly spacious, not as big as some of the fast food places you passed, but large enough to house several booths and tables in addition to the patio outside. You and Darren make your way over to the counter. You're greeted by a younger looking male rabbit, probably getting the job just as school ended. "Hello, what can I get for you guys today?" You take a look at the menu above his head.

"Hmm..." There was actually quite a bit to choose from, and although a lot of it sounded pretty good, you were trying to find something that stood out to you. "You know, it's been a while since I've had pulled pork, so I think I'll have the pulled pork sandwich." "Alright, and to drink?" "I'll take a bottle of Coke, please."

"And for you, sir?" Darren was still perusing the menu, but seemed to make his decision almost instantaneously. "I think I'll take a slice of the 'Meat Lover's' pizza, and I'll take a Coke as well." You both hand the rabbit money for your meals. Darren turns to you, "If you want, you can find a place for us and I'll bring the food over when it's ready."

"Yeah, sure." There were some people in here at tables already, but you were still able to find a spot by the window. Not long after you sit down, Darren comes to the table with a tray of food. Your mouth starts salivating slightly when you see how large the portions are. Darren sets the tray on the table and sits down across from you. You can't wait to chow down on the sandwich, the smell of barbecue sauce driving you wild.

Halfway through your meal you begin to feel sated, this was definitely hitting the spot. Darren seems ready to start up a conversation as you take a swig of Coke, but what he says nearly makes you spit your drink out.

"So, I've been thinking; since I'm no longer in school, I have a lot more free time these days. I thought about joining a gym." He was calm about the whole thing, almost oblivious to the growing look of concern crossing your face.

"Uh, dude, what about your condition? I'm amazed you aren't larger than you already are!" Darren happened to be one of the few individuals that carry what is known as the 'barbarian' gene. You've done a little research on it, and from what you've discovered, carriers end up growing to gigantic behemoths at a young age. Darren, however, seemed to be different. He had been growing ever since he hit puberty, but it was slow and steady. "There's no telling if working out will accelerate your growth." A smile was slowly creeping across his face; that wasn't the reaction you were expecting.

"You didn't think I'd go in without any advice, did you? You remember professor Fessenden, right?"

"Of course I do." Professor Fessenden was one of your favourite teachers at UC. You couldn't forget about him if you tried.

"Well, the day after grad I sat down with him and discussed this; turns out he happens to be somewhat of an expert on guys my size. He also thought I should've been much bigger than I am. He thinks what I have might be different from what most others have." Darren finishes off the last of his pizza slice and washes it down with the rest of his Coke. "Anyway, I explained to him my intentions, and he also showed some concern. Ultimately, he gave me the go ahead, but to report any drastic changes in my size." You feel relieved at the last statement, but his tone begins to grow serious. "Colin, I get that you're worried, but after being larger than everyone I've ever met I really want to try this out, see what I'm capable of." His mood lightens a bit, baring a big toothy grin. "Besides, I may have capped out my height already."

Feeling a little bit flustered, you lean back in your chair. A frustrated sigh leaves your lips. "Look, I know you don't want me to worry, but I have a reason to. I don't know a whole lot about your specific gene, so I don't know whether or not everything will be okay." With that, Darren gazes towards the table, the gears in his head turning. After a couple of seconds he raises his head, a smile across his face.

"Since we don't know much about this, why don't we talk to someone who does?" It actually sounded like a pretty good idea.

"It would be worth a shot. Do you think he'd be in his office right now?"

"There's only one way to find out." He says as he picks up his garbage. You gather yours together as you head towards the door, tossing your paper plate and bottle in their proper trash receptacles as you leave.

You have the following choice:

1. To Fessenden's we go.

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Darknevoir (UN: darknevoir at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
oldshep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1935354-Bigger-Stronger-Fluffier/cid/1831200-Friendly-Conversation