*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Prologue.
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1912009-A-New-World/cid/1503457-Prologue
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1912009
A young man crashes his ship into a unknown planet and begins a new life.
Chapter #1

Prologue.

    by: Othinox
(Alan's point of view).
I sigh. I have been traveling through the void of spaces for more than a month, supplies are running low and so is fuel. I doubt Earth has built a fuel station this far from Earth. I look to my right to see a giant planet infront of me and I smile sadly. "Kind of looks like Earth" I say to myself before letting out another sad sigh. My father use to work for the government, After he found out how corrupt it was he tried to leave. The saying goes Once you join the Government, your in it for life, Funny though, My family was rich once, I could have anything I wanted if I wished for it, In 24 hours though I had nothing. The government stormed our home with G.I (Government Intelligence) Officers and began shooting my entire family to death. I barely managed to escape by taking a spaceship I had gotten for my 16th birthday after getting my licence. That was 2 years ago. Its sad, I miss my family but moaning about it will get you nothing when your on the run. Another bad part about it is the Government knows everything about me, They even made up false charges on me, I am wanted for High Treason, Theft, Murder of Government Officials and of course Organized Crime. None of its true, I have killed Government members but that was afterwards when they decided to shove a assault rifle in my face. I lean back in my ship once more and turn the ship on auto pilot before resting my eyes. I'm most likely going to die within the next few days, I had just escaped a Government ship carrier the other day by jumping into hyper speed and now I have no idea where I am. A ship carrier was thought up from Aircraft carriers but instead of being large giant boats they are giant platforms packed with cannons and spaceships. I took minor damage that I could repair at the next station but I have not seen one yet. I sigh and decide to relax and not worry about myself dying in space alone and within a few moments I fall asleep.

2 hours...

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

I snap out of my sleep and I look at whats happening to see red lights flickering like crazy and the on board computer saying Warning! over and over in my face. I turn off auto pilot and I stare in fear to see myself barreling through the Atmosphere of the large blue and green planet. "OH SHIT!!" I shout before flicking a few switches and I begin trying to pull up out of the atmosphere but the word STALLflashes infront of me before I begin dropping. Its too late!, I have already passed the atmosphere and Im not dropping!. "Shit shit shit shit!" I shout before pulling a switch for the hyper speed but the word ERROR flashes in red. "GOD DAMMIT!" I shout before aiming the nose down hoping to gain speed so I can pull up. "120 miles, 170 miles, 260 miles" I say as my heart races. I can see blue tree's below on the ground. "360 miles, 430, 500 mi..." I begin to say as I pull back to pull up but then something goes wrong, oh so very wrong. I hear a ear shattering loud noise that sounds like metal bending before the entire ship jerks to the side and I begin spinning. FIRE!, WARNING, CRITICAL DAMAGE! all flash infront of me. My best guess is the speed and drag from the atmosphere just tore the left back wing off. A hundred things flash through my head at once on what to do and I have an Idea, my only chance. I grab the dufflebag to my left before pulling the strap around my neck and shoulder. I grab the lever attached to my chair before taking 2 deep breaths and trying to time it right. After 2 more seconds I pull the lever and in a millisecond the top shoots off the cockpit and the seat is launched up out of my ship. It did not work as I was hoping. The second I left the ship the pilot seat began spinning around in circles. I could breath cause I was screaming the whole time till the parachute launched and the spinning stopped but not before 2 of the cords get tangled with me and the seat. The parachute definitely slows me down but not slow enough, I know that when I hit the ground its going to be a hard landing. I see my ship crash into a small clearing in the forest and exploding upon impact, sending flames and smoke soaring through the air with flaming shrapnel raining down around it. I look down to see the tree's rapidly approaching and I take a deep breath before I crash into the tree tops. The blue leaves and wood break like toothpicks. In a flash I find myself falling again this time with no parachute do to it either being torn off or shredded to bits by something. I scream in terror before I hit a larger tree branch which sends me rolling into another tree which I crash up against. Blue flashes infront of my eyes before I smash face first into a branch. The back support snaps in half before I fall forward to the blue and green ground. The last thing I see is a blue leaf and then darkness.

You have the following choice:

1. 4 days later.

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Othinox (UN: othinox at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Othinox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1912009-A-New-World/cid/1503457-Prologue