*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1845168-Into-the-woods/cid/1269307-A-part-of-the-story-that-I-couldnt-post-anymore
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1845168
Due to a plague that already cost many lives, tries a boy to save the lives of his village
This choice: A part of the story that I couldnt post anymore due to the character max.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

A part of the story that I couldnt post anymore...

    by: Razgriz


*Three days ealier*


“There is a cure for that I found it in one of my books Joric.” Said the old wizard to the elder man who sat in a wooden chair with big mug filled with water at his table.
Joric along with a handful of other not infected towns people looked up at the old mage.

“You found one?!” He replied and stood up which caused the chair to fall because of his sudden move.

Yes I did. But I’m afraid I need a special ingredient to make it. One I haven’t seen in ages but I know where it can be found.” He said and took an old piece of paper from under his long dark green robe.

He placed it on the wooden table before Joric and pointed with his index finger to one of the mountains which was a few days away from the town if someone would use a horse.

“The Alcalit mountains, old man this…” But the wizard raised his hand to cut his speech.

“I know Joric it’s a dangerous path but it’s the only way. One of us has to go their and climb on the mountain to get me a some of the pollen of that flower.” He said calm and looked on the map.

“It’s not only the mountain but you seem to forget that it is behind the forbidden forest. No one goes through the forest you know the law.” Joric said and rested his hands on the table and looked with his light blue eyes into the old grey eyes of the wizard.

“We have to Joric or everyone is dead before the full moon raises again.” The old man said at him but a second later began Joric to cough and collapsed where he stood before.

The mage went over to him and tried to get him up on his feet again. It was then as Sebastian ran into the room and called out for his dad.

“Dad!!” He yelled in panic while he helped the old man to bring his father to his bed.

He touched his forehead and shook his head as he felt the heat on it. “He too…” He said silent and looked to the boy at his side.

“Sebastian please bring be some water…hurry.” The mage told the boy and pushed him firmly out of the room.

Sebastian took one of the bowls and ran out to one of the fountains they had in their town.

He came back and saw the old map lying on the table.
Joric and the towns mage didn’t knew it but he had heard their conversation about the cure. All they needed was something from a flower he thought as he carried the water filled bowl into the bedroom with his father inside.

“Old mage.” He began on which the old man turned is head to him.

“What is it boy?”

“Is it true? Can this flower cure my dad and all the others?” He said and fought his tears back.

“Yes it can boy.” He answered on which Bastian turned around walked into his own room and grabbed his leather bag a green vest and his belt with a dagger on it, and a long light brown coat.
He opened his door as the mage stood before it and looked down on him. “And where do you think will you go young man?” He said and knew form look of Sebastian’s face what he had in mind.

“I go and get this flower.” He said stern and moved on but was stopped by the old mage.

“Don’t be foolish boy.” He said and pushed him back to the door of his room. “Many brave man tried their luck and where never seen.”

“But we need the flower!” Bastian yelled out loud and clenched his hands to fists.

The mage looked at him. He truly was Joric’s son. He like him, had the same stubbornness and the old men knew that as young as the boy was, even if he wouldn’t allow it would Bastian come and steal the map if he had to.

The mage knelt before Bastian and gave him a warm smile. “Sebastian I know you want to help but…you can’t do a thing. You are fourteen…”

“Fifteen in a few days.” He said and looked at the old mage with a stern expression.

“Hmmm I see…if you really want to go, you have to be fast.” Said the old man and handed him the map..

THE END.

You've come to the end of the story. You can:

  1. Step back to the previous chapter.
  2. Start reading the story from the beginning.

Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1845168-Into-the-woods/cid/1269307-A-part-of-the-story-that-I-couldnt-post-anymore