*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Steven gets the power?
  2. The O'Connor Family
  3. The Family
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1832525-The-GodChild/cid/1241211-Steven-gets-the-power
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1832525
A child discovers that they have seemingly infinite power.
This choice: Steven gets the power?  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Steven gets the power?

    by: scriptboy
Steven O'Connor had just gotten out of the shower and he had dressed up in jeans and a nice polo shirt when he entered to back patio to hear his younger brother complaining about his birthday cake. That wasn't a good sign, especially since this was David's birthday. David had just turned 12 that day, and he wasn't happy about his mother's choice for the birthday cake.

"Mom! I wanted a chocolate cake!" his little brother complained.

"Oh, honey!"Amber sighed. "I thought you said you wanted pineapple! Well, the party starts in ten minutes, sweetie! I can't bring it back now!"

Mom was just too busy preparing snacks, drinks and greeting guests to worry about the cake. Besides, the cake looked like it wasn't even big enough to feed all the guests anyway!

Steven, who was the older brother at 14, decided to help the younger brother out.

"Hey, Dave. Don't worry, little bro. Maybe we'll get you a chocolate cake when we take you out to dinner tonight!" Steven said.

"I guess..."

Steven then walked over the table where the rectangular pineapple cake was sitting neatly on the dish, ready to be served. He stared at the cake, feeling sorry for his little bro.

Suddenly, he was overcome by an odd feeling. Something deep inside of him told him, that he had the ability to help his little brother out. All he had to do was just imagine what he wanted to change, and reality would be altered in an instant. It was as if some amazing power within him had suddenly been awakened.

"Gosh... Wouldn't it be nice of the pineapple cake would just transform into a chocolate cake... And perhaps grow to twice the size as well?" Steven thought.

Steven stared at the cake intently, and imagined the yellow-colored cake morph into a bigger version of itself, filled with dark brown chocolate and covered with chocolate frosting instead of lemon.

Instantly, the small cake grew before his eyes, eclipsing the baking sheet that it rested on. The larger cake now became darker in color as the yellow lemon filling morphed into dark brown chocolate. The outer layer of the cake transformed into smooth, chocolate brown frosting, which had the words "Happy Birthday David" engraved on it in yellow frosting letters. Twelve candles stood on top of the large, dark cake.

"Wow! Chocolate cake!" David cheered, as he walked by the table. "Where did that come from?"

"Umm... I told you mom would fix it!" Steven replied quickly, not quite knowing how to explain the sudden transformation to his brother.

As his brother walked off to greet his friends, Steven just stood there, realizing that he just changed the cake from lemon to chocolate by just thinking it. Did he gain some sort of incredible power?

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 scriptboy (UN: scriptboy64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
citywalker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1832525-The-GodChild/cid/1241211-Steven-gets-the-power