*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1799220-Viral-Pokemon-Vore/cid/3406584-A-word-with-Felicity
Rated: GC · Interactive · Other · #1799220
Can you survive in a voracious anthro pokemon world on the verge of the apocalypse? [NSFW]
This choice: After learning about Mega-Evolution...  •  Go Back...
Chapter #90

A word with Felicity

    by: Dragonboy
Seeing that you understand the potential and risk of the situation, she clapped her hands. "Excellent. I think everything is set. You all are allowed to rest here for the night. We've plenty of room here and we've hardly ever had to deal with infected discovering this cave."

"Hardly?" Rachael asked.

"We do have a stray infected discovering this cave every once in a great while, but it's nothing I can't handle." Nina stated confidently. Rachael was about to ask how the cave is being hidden before you beat her by saying: "Wait a minute. We didn't say we were going to stay here for the night. Not that we don't appreciate it, but we're kind of on the clock and-" You were cut off by Kate speaking. "Uh, big bro. It's night time."

You were about to respond before your eyes blink twice, your brain processing the information before you opened your mouth. "Wait what?!" You don't wait for her to respond before you head back to where you woke up. When you reach the entrance; though not leaving the cave, you look to see that the area around you was darker as you can see the dark sky above outside. You went back and stared at the Ninetales in confusion. "B-But how is that possible?! It's only been a few minutes of your trials!"

"That's how it felt because you were so focused on passing my trials." Felicity explained. "Time flies when your concentration's on your work, studies, or fun..."

You let out a sigh in disbelief at not just how much time has passed, but also the fact that it's another day passed since you and Rachael's parents turned. Every day that this continues, there's a possibility- You suddenly shake your head from that thought before you said. "Thanks for the hospitality." you answered as it's too dangerous to travel at night as you and your group go get ready to spend the night here.

You were getting your sleeping bag ready as you think back about what you went through with those trials. You had to use your head and rely on your friend on two separate occasions. It’s good to know that he doesn’t have to make this quest alone and it’ll take more than action to stop this, and Felicity’s words of encouragement did bring your confidence up a little, but you’re still nervous about everything about your quest. Excluding Neku, you all are rather young on this, and you still have no idea how this infection could spread so much without much notice.

“You alright?” You hear a voice speak out and you turn to see your sister next to you, having set her sleeping bag right next to yours.

“I’m alright, I just had a lot on my mind.” You stated, staring at her and noticing that she had a tear in her eye. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine, I just… I miss mommy and daddy.” She stated, tail curled in her lap. “They’re just sick right? Like all the others who attacked us.”

“Yeah, this is an odd infection that’s spreading. Once we find a source of it, they and everyone else will be back to normal.” You states, rubbing her head as she hummed with a soft smile before you got up.

“You’re not going to bed?” Kate asked, confused.

“I’m just gonna go think about something.”

“Well if you’re going to go back there, Felicity told me that she would like to speak to you.”

That got your attention as you thought about the elderly Ninetales who taught you two about Mega-Evolution. She wants to speak to you about something, but couldn’t tell you before?

You got up and told Kate that you’ll be back when you finish. She nods as you head off deeper into the cave to find Felicity, carefully moving around those who are already laying down.

As you walked, you noticed that Felicity’s granddaughter was near a pot full of hot water with a collection of bowls and bottles nearby. You approached her and asked, “What’s going on here?”

“Just finished boiling the river water from the nearby river. Now I’m gonna let the water cool through the night so I can pour the water into the bowls and bottles tomorrow morning.”

Your face shifted to a worried expression, “Doesn’t the river have a funny smell to it?”

“It does, though when I boil the water, the smell isn’t there anymore. Plus the others took a drink from the water after it was boiled and cooled and they felt fine.”

“That’s interesting.” You said as you look at the various bottles they have. ‘So if it’s safe to drink after boiling it, we can use the river water even if there is a smell.’ You thought to yourself as you added. “I hope you don’t overdo it when you leave with your grandma.”

“Actually I’m going with your group.” Nina stated, catching you off guard. “I told my grandmother that anyone who passed her test would be the one I would go with. I didn’t want to wait around until someone stopped this, especially when my parents' lives were on the line.”

“Are you sure? No doubt this would be dangerous, and…”

“Don’t give me that ‘I’m not sure I’m actually up for it’ talk! My grandmother is a gifted soothsayer, and she stated the one who could pass her test will be the one who’ll be able to keep this world from falling into chaos! There hasn’t been a prediction she made that was wrong.” Nina stated sternly, taking you aback. “Plus you saw my control, I’ll be a great asset.”

You opened your mouth to speak, but the look she gives you means that she’s not gonna take no for an answer, so you nod your head. “Well let’s do our best to save our loved ones.”

“Naturally. Now I believe that you have a talk with my grandmother to get to.” Nina stated before going back to fanning the flames. You leave her as you ponder about Felicity. ‘So, she’s going it alone? That’s dangerous especially for someone who can’t see.’

You reached where Felicity is supposed to be when you noticed her back as well as Rachael was in front of her. The Buneary was thrusting her ears forward, though keeping a safe distance as to not hit the Ninetales, while she does this, you notice the ends glow a swirly green for a second before fading. Rachael groans at that as Felicity places a paw on her shoulder.

“Trying to focus on a suction motion isn’t easy, especially when pushing forward.”

“You have to keep the feeling in your mind as you push forward, then it’ll click.” Felicity stated just as you approached them. “Remember that. Now it’s about time you get ready for bed.”

“What’s going on?” You asked the two.

“I’m trying to learn how to use Drain Punch.” Rachael answers.

“Drain Punch?”

“The infected Meinshao used it when he attacked us much earlier. I want to know how to use it to be more capable.” The Buneary explained.

“Oh. Alright, we’ll so hope you learn it soon.” You stated with a smile.

“Me too. Well good night Rai.” You watch Rachael walk past you and out of sight before you turn your attention to the blind Ninetales.

“Your granddaughter told me she was coming with us.” You told her.

“It’s not a secret if she told me about it herself.” Felicity stated, sounding sad about it. “I of course request she stay with me, but she’s made her decision and she’s mature enough to make decisions on her own. Besides, I know you and everyone will look after each other, including her.”

“I appreciate your faith in me, but this world is currently very dangerous. We nearly lost our lives just to get here. It’ll be harder for one to travel alone, especially considering your… disability.” You finished, barely able to keep yourself from mentioning her age.

“…You don’t think I can take care of myself due to my lack of sight?”

“Uhh, no disrespect or anything like that, but it’s hard to battle when one can’t even see. I was afflicted with Confuse Ray not long ago, and I was lucky to hear the attacker.” You stated as Felicity reached out for a cup, and you thought you heard a slight scraping of wood near her, but you ignored it as she was simply moving too fast as you opened your mouth, “You wanted to speak to me about something?”

Felicity picked up the second cup as she started to walk towards the table. “I don’t need to tell you this that the road ahead is gonna be perilous, and danger is going to be present anywhere you go.” you nod your head from her response as she sat down on the pillow as you did the same. “And not just those from the infected, even those who hadn’t been infected can be just as; if not more dangerous than them. Even those who're driven mad from this won’t care who or what you are. Big or small, young or old, adult or child, they’ll be targeted.”

Your body shivers from her words as even your tail twitched from the thoughts of meeting more people who could potentially trick and manipulate you and others for a quick meal.

“At this point, any precaution one can take in order to stay alive will be important. Even children can/will fall victim to this.”

“It wasn’t my intention to bring Kate here. I actually plan on going it alone until Neko stated he’ll come. Only to discover that he told them about it.” You admitted, looking away. “I just couldn’t say no at that point.”

“I see what you mean. You’re not her father, you’re her big brother. You’re supposed to listen to them talk about things and offer support whenever they are feeling down. Now you’re being forced into something you’re unprepared for. She needs you now for protection and nurturing.”

“Yeah, it’s not easy. Though thankfully, I have others who can help with the slack of protecting her.”

“Even so, it’s not perfect. If anything were to happen to you-”

“I won’t be reckless, nothing will happen to me.” You cut her off with your statement.

Felicity stares for a moment before adding, “If it were, you need to prepare her.”

“How? I already have her being away from the danger, but else can I-” you paused when you just realized what she was implying. "You want me to teach her Pokemon Moves?!" you asked her in shock while she just sits there, waiting for you to process the info.

You have the following choice:

1. Your response

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Dragonboy (UN: kindkid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
W. Scarf has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1799220-Viral-Pokemon-Vore/cid/3406584-A-word-with-Felicity