*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Survival.
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1783333-Final-Fantasy-Crisis-Core-A-New-Story/cid/1121817-Survival
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Anzac
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1783333
The events of Final Fantasy VII are drastically rewritten, by a new SOLDIER.
Chapter #1

Survival.

    by: Anzac
A few miles outside Midgar

SOLDIER 1st Class Zack Fair panted heavily, blood flowing from bullet and sword wounds all over his body. Despite killing at least 300 Shin-Ra troops, he was still outnumbered at least 100 to 1. He could barely see straight and was struggling to hold the Buster Sword, the sword that had served him so well in the past.

"Damn it! This doesn't look good." Zack thought, pain coursing through his mind. "Aerith...forgive me. I wasn't strong enough.". The remaining Shin-Ra troops prepared to open fire, but before they could pull the trigger, a dozen fireballs hit the ground between them and Zack. As the smoke cleared, Zack could see a man wearing a SOLDIER 1st uniform land in front of him, sword at the ready. The newcomer stood slowly, facing the Shin-Ra troops, who looked at their commanders nervously.

"Sorry, but I can't allow you to kill this man. If you want him, then you're going to have to take me down first!" he shouted, holding his sword with both hands. At that, the Shin-Ra troops shook off their fear and opened fire. The SOLDIER 1st's sword was a blur, deflecting all of the bullets that threatened to end his and Zack's lives. The barrage continued until the troops' guns ran out. The 1st smirked. "Not bad, now it's time to end this. Ultima!" he shouted, his hand glowing with blue energy, which then released a blue shockwave, killing all of the remaining troops instantly. The SOLDIER replaced his sword, then turned around and walked over to Zack. "Hang in there, buddy. You're going to be fine." he told Zack.

"W-Who are you?" Zack asked, his voice barely a whisper.

"Save the questions for later. We need to fix you up first." he replied.

"But I-" Zack couldn't finish his sentance as he lost consciousness, the other 1st catching him and picking up the Buster Sword. Just then, a small truck rolled up and stopped beside the two. The driver's door opened, and a blonde woman wearing the Turks uniform jumped out.

"Looks like you were just in time." she observed.

"I'll say. Anyway, lets get going, before Shin-Ra shows up." he replied. The woman nodded. Together, they placed Zack in the back seat, his sword being secured on the truck bed. Then they climbed in and drove off, towards Gongaga, Zack's hometown.

You have the following choices:

1. Zack wakes up after they've healed him.

*Noteb*
2. Switch to Cloud's POV.

*Noteb*
3. Other

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Anzac (UN: anzac at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Anzac has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1783333-Final-Fantasy-Crisis-Core-A-New-Story/cid/1121817-Survival