*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Conquered
  2. The Attack
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1695484-The-Centaurs-of-Viralon/cid/949457-Conquered
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Mythology · #1695484
A young girl's life in the land of Viralon, home to a tribe of centaurs. Please add
This choice: A white bodied centaur (the tribe’s leader) trots in  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Conquered

    by: The Random
Fiona watched, feeling powerless and helpless, as the centaurs rampaged through the village. She turned away, hoping to avoid seeing the fate of her friends, family, and other villagers. She gasped at what she did see when she turned around. Approaching the village with calm, assured strides of her equestrian legs was another centaur. But this one was different, while the other centaurs’ horse bodies were black or brown, hers was pure white; and she wore a revealing set of golden armor on her human half, where as the other centaurs wore simple cloth, leather armor, or nothing at all.

Fiona gazed up in fear as the white centaur passed, and saw the black eye patch over her left eye beneath her crown-like helm. Fiona knew immediately the white centaur was Lustreign, a centaur rumored to be a cruel powerful mage and bent on conquering all of Viralon. Lustreign didn’t look down at Fiona as she passed the human girl; she merely kept walking until she encountered two other centaurs. “Tell the others to bring all the humans to the village square.” She ordered. The two centaurs bowed their heads with delighted grins and galloped off to spread Lustreign’s order. Only when she felt the sharp jab of a spear shaft on her back did Fiona dare to move.


Later Fiona chanced a glance around the square. As Lustreign ordered the centaurs gathered all the villagers in the square and forced them onto their knees, most of the centaurs surrounded the kneeling humans, but a few marched down the rows. “Eyes down until we say otherwise human.” One of the centaurs said darkly before she forced Fiona’s gaze to the ground before her. Fiona grimaced as a small wave of pain went down her neck from the centaur’s force. Things seemed to keep getting worse.

It wasn’t long before Lustreign stood before the crowd. “As by right of our total superiority over you humans, I declare you and this village property of the Vabelan Clan centaurs!” She proclaimed, sealing the fate of the villagers and confirming the rumors of conquest. Fiona heard the roaring cheers of the centaurs and felt, rather than heard, the pounding their hooves against the ground. Fiona saw Lustreign talking to a pair of centaurs near her, but she couldn’t make out what was being said. Then without warning the two centaurs leaped out into the crowd, laughed at the humans that screamed and jumped out of the way and those not quite quick enough. Fiona saw one of them grab a girl she didn’t know the name of and Lucy, the former mayor’s daughter who acted as though she ran the village, before returning to Lustreign. The other centaur grabbed Alison, the girl who ran the small village market, and then grabbed Fiona herself before she too returned to Lustreign.

Fiona heard Lucy demanding to be released as she and Alison were brought before Lustreign who looked at them for a moment before nodding her head and smiling, “Yes, these four will do. Take them back to my castle. I’ll sort them out myself when I return.”

“Right away Milady.” The two centaurs said before tying their two girls together, seating them on their horse backs, and then galloping away from the village.

You have the following choices:

1. At Lustreign's castle

*Noteb*
2. One of the girls escapes

*Noteb*
3. A human rescues the girls

*Noteb*
4. A centaur fighting Lustreign's clan saves them

5. Other

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 The Random (UN: therandom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Random has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1695484-The-Centaurs-of-Viralon/cid/949457-Conquered