*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1695284-Aliens-vs-predator-war-for-earth/cid/1275590-Thats-why-everyone-needs-a-tail
Rated: E · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1695284
Fight in the war for earth: from all three fronts
This choice: Stay behind an protect the queen  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

That's why everyone needs a tail!

    by: jdstephens
You hiss as a string of rapid, distant cracking noises reach your 'ears'. You were only a few weeks old, bigger and stronger than the norm amongst your siblings, but already you knew those sounds to be gun-shots.
         Lots of them, and getting closer.
The mammoth building taken over as the primary hatching chamber had largely cleared out, leaving the queen, her attendants, and a few gaurds behind to tend the new hatchlings. This fodder species-'hoogans', or some such ridiculous name- made excellent incubators and food. As another round of lead sears the air in the distance, you think that they might also be maddeningly uncooperatve at times, and carry painful weapons. From your perch at the top of one mucus covered wall under 'construction', you ditect movement off to the left. One of your brothers limps into an alleyway, trailing acidic blood from several bullet wounds. There is the crackling of machine-gun fire, and he seems to virtually exploe into green gore. A group of marines break off from the battle and runs down the same alley-towards the nest-firing their weapons at another xenomorph who has attemped to run along the wall and gain a flanking advantage. Its corpse flops to the ground, and the formation of soldiers hardly slows.
         You give another hiss at the death of a useful fighter, but than realize that you have taken up a vantage point right above the small side entrance the marines are aiming for; a perfect spot for for an ambush. Your next hiss is one of delight. Below, the door swings open, and light and lead pour in. One of the 'hoogans' yells "Clear!" And the squad steps inside. Bracing yourself, you leap from the ledge and land in their midst. Your deadly tail flashes left and right, stabbing repeatedly. One not knocked off his feet by your sudden arrival shoots several roouds into you- and your toung shoots into his brain and bites down. You twist and screech, snarl, claw, kick, and bite. One draws an enormeous knife and plunges in into your side. -And meets an agonizing end in a jet off acid blood. Completely taken by surprise, and over-matched in close-quarters- the marines don't stand a chance and are all dismembered.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. A predator joins the fray.

2. You decide.

*Noteb*
3. More marines are inbound.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 jdstephens (UN: quetzalcoatl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Arcangel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1695284-Aliens-vs-predator-war-for-earth/cid/1275590-Thats-why-everyone-needs-a-tail