*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. What Goes Bump in the Night
  2. Choose Your Ship
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1680494-Living-Amongst-The-Stars/cid/1122906-What-Goes-Bump-in-the-Night
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1680494
Humanity has become a nomadic race; explore the galaxy with kids and teens on a starship.
This choice: SS Winnipeg  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

What Goes Bump in the Night

    by: citywalker
BANG!

Liang woke up with a start. He was having a nice, peaceful sleep, and then suddenly jolted awake by... something, he wasn't sure what. He just knew that it didn't sound good.

He quickly grabbed his glasses off the small table at the foot of his bed and slipped them on, waiting a second for his eyes to adjust. He quickly looked around the room he shared with the two other boys on the ship. They were both asleep: Dyson very still and tucked in to his blankets; and Ken, whose reddish-pink, six-foot-tall body was restless, having kicked the covers of the bed during his tossing and turning through the night. Ken's height still seemed out of place to Liang, seeing that Ken was ten years old, five years younger than himself, and yet was a good four inches taller. That's the upside of being a half-Thazazoid, Liang figured.

In any case, he knew that he needed to check out what was going on. The Winnipeg was a small ship with only a total of twelve crew members, and as the oldest of the children on board, he felt a need to protect the others. He slid his feet off the bed and stood up, the shock of the cold metal floor sending a shiver up his spine. He didn't want to wake up the other two boys, so he snuck out quietly, the sliding door of their room opening and closing for him without a sound.

As he walked along the hallway, he looked around, trying to find any sign of invaders. He was looking to his left when he suddenly bumped into somebody, who let out a short, soft scream.

"Get off of me!" he heard a girl's voice yell. He whirled around to see that it was, in fact, Deanna coming out of her room. Deanna was the only girl on the ship, and the closest to Liang's age. Though she could be somewhat bossy at times, Liang couldn't deny that he found her attractive.

"Relax, Deanna, it's me!" Liang hissed. Deanna started to calm down, her breathing rate still heavy.

"Christ, Liang, you scared me," Deanna whispered. "Are you awake because of that banging noise a few minutes ago."

"Yeah, it woke me up, and I thought I'd investigate," Liang said as he rubbed the back of his neck. He then noticed that Deanna was only wearing a bra and a pair of red shorts. Liang blushed a little, and said, "You didn't have time to get dressed, I take it."

Deanna stared at him coldly. "Well, neither did you," she said, pointing out that Liang was only wearing a black pair of boxer briefs and black sleeveless tee.

Liang looked down at himself, then shrugged. "If it doesn't bother you, then it doesn't bother me," he said. "Maybe we should dress like this all the time," he added, with a wry smile.

"Shut up, pervert, and let's see what that noise was," Deanna said as she turned towards the front of the ship. "It sounded like it came from up here."

Liang followed behind as Deanna led the way. As they got to the cockpit, they saw that all seemed to be as normal: the ship was on autopilot, and none of the readouts seemed out of the ordinary. They had just turned around and were ready to head back to their rooms when they saw...

You have the following choices:

1. What appeared to be a boy around their age

*Noteb*
2. The ship was in an asteroid field

*Noteb*
3. The ship was under attack

4. Something Else

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 citywalker (UN: citywalker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
citywalker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1680494-Living-Amongst-The-Stars/cid/1122906-What-Goes-Bump-in-the-Night