*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1644631-Terra-Incognita/cid/834080-You-grab-for-the-weapon
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1644631
You’re the sole survivor of a crash on an unknown planet.
This choice: You grab for the weapon  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

You grab for the weapon

    by: Slaad11
You dive for the MPL and the creature leaps onto you with incredible speed, latching onto your side with its razor sharp legs. You grab the handle of the laser and bring it around to pull the trigger on the nasty bug, point blank. Nothing happens. You realize with horror that the laser has a bio-trigger safety and it will only fire for the now-dead guard in the black jumpsuit. You grasp and flail at the creature, trying to dislodge it, but it’s barbed legs have dug into your skin like a giant tick. What looks like a clear glass feeding tube unfolds from its head and stabs into your stomach. You watch in helpless terror as the tube fills with your blood, and then you notice the pain is instantly gone, along with the ability to move any of your muscles. You’re completely paralyzed, not even breathing, as you watch the translucent creature gorge on your blood until all but its legs are crimson red. Finally, blissful darkness takes you.

You are dead.

Please feel free to go back and choose another path since, thankfully, this is only a story.

THE END.

You've come to the end of the story. You can:

  1. Step back to the previous chapter.
  2. Start reading the story from the beginning.

Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1644631-Terra-Incognita/cid/834080-You-grab-for-the-weapon