*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1623760-How-to-Fix-a-Swapped-Family/cid/805609-More-explaining
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by boyer
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1623760
A family that's been swapped lives their lives and tries to return to normal.
This choice: More explaining on the mistakes  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

More explaining

    by: Unknown
As it was mentioned earlier, all of us chose to stay in our old rooms after the switch as no one wanted to face it. Now Grandma didn’t say anything for quite some time, longer than I would have even expected, but after a year of living this way she had had enough. Even though she knew what had happened and all of us had been adjusting to the swap, she had decided that we were dragging our feet and she was going to take a stand. Dad had been working as much as possible to repair the machine but was no where near figuring out why it had happened or how to fix it. So Grandma brought us all together one evening and made a request, though it was really more of a demand.

From this time forward, Grandma said that she was going to start treating my sister and me as her son and daughter-in-law and mom and dad as ‘our kids’. Of course she would still allow Dad to work on the machine, but other than that everyone had to start behaving within their new roles. In addition to her new directive she added that everyone would be moving into their correct bedrooms. Mom and Dad began to argue with her, not happy about this rule. Now, neither of them had done anything inappropriate sexually or intimately since switching, but it didn’t matter to Grandma, ‘kids’ their age should not be sleeping in the same room together. Grandma stated this was a non-arguable issue to her and it would be rectified.

Grandma’s decision that she was going to start treating us as the people that we looked like and not who we really were upset Mom and Dad and they tried to argue with her, but she was insistent, telling them both that it had been a year since the swap and it didn’t appear that any resolution to the problem was presenting itself so there was no reason to continue pretending that everyone was normal. It was confusing to her and becoming burdensome trying to keep it covered up, pretending in public and not in private. The quicker we all learned to accept our situation the quicker we would get on with our lives. She stated that she wanted, no expected, us to behave as our new selves and would admonish anyone of us she caught speaking out of character.

So what did this mean for me and my family?

If you remember I had said how we had all moved clothing and personal belongings around to the room we were staying in, but by the end of the afternoon Mom and Sis had moved everyone’s belongings back to rooms where they had originally belonged. I remember thinking tonight would be very uncomfortable.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. What happened that night

2. More on day to day problems

*Noteb*
3. Go to the present

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
boyer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1623760-How-to-Fix-a-Swapped-Family/cid/805609-More-explaining