*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Wynn
  2. Dragon
  3. Decision time.
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1565952-Kidnapped-by-a-mytholigical-being/cid/FXDTDC8LB-Wynn
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1565952
In this story a human is kidnepped from their home by a mythological being.
This choice: readers choice  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Wynn

    by: Genipher
The book was jerked from her grasp and reality came crashing down. The image of a troll demanding toll to cross his bridge evaporated and her Ma stood in that whispy dream's stead.

"I've called ye name five times, lass! Ye head be so buried in these infernal books ye can't hear a blasted thing! Why, the world could be burning 'round ye and ye wouldn't notice aught!"

Wynn blinked slowly and sighed. She wished she was facing the book troll than the ire of her Ma.

"Was there something ye needed, Ma?" Wynn asked, gently pulling the book from her Ma's grip and lovingly caressing the red cover with her palm.

"Something I needed?" Ma sputtered. "What I need is a daughter who knows her place in this world. Books! Tis not the way! I've a good mind to torch them all!"

Wynn clutched the novel closer. "But ye won't, right Ma?" She widened her green eyes, pleading with her gaze.

Ma shuffled her feet, crossed her arms, and snorted. "Nay, of course not. I know how much they mean to ye. I just wish..." she trailed off into silence but Wynn knew exactly what her Ma wished. Wynn's heart clenched in sorrow as she, again, realized how different she was.

"I came to tell ye the Council meets in the morn," Ma said, shifting the subject. Wynn shuddered. She imagined how excited her peers must be feeling but she only felt cold dread. Ma sensed her fear.

"It'll be fine, lass. Ye will prove to them all how ye truly belong here." She nodded firmly, as if to convince herself. Wynn forced a weak smile.

"Don't stay up reading too long. Ye need ye rest." Ma opened her mouth as if to speak again but then snapped it shut.

Wynn waited til Ma took her leave and then, with trembling hand, carefully placed the book on the floor of the cave. It fit just-so amongst her piled collection of paperbacks. She tucked a few loose manuscripts back into place before curling her massive body around her hoard.

"I could run away," she thought to herself. "Start a new life in the north. Maybe they would appreciate books over gold." She bit her lip, knowing she was lying to herself. She was the only dragon in existence that shunned gold and desired books. "But still..." Wynn thought. "If I leave now the Council can't force me to take part of a Quest. I'll be free!"

The thought was tempting. Wynn bit her lip, unsure, and eyed the cave door...



You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Wynn runs away

*Noteb*
2. Wynn meets with the Council

*Noteb*
3. Other

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Genipher (UN: geniphery at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ur face has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1565952-Kidnapped-by-a-mytholigical-being/cid/FXDTDC8LB-Wynn