*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/1021320-The-Books-Structure-and-Possible-Future-Spells
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1510047
A mysterious book allows you to disguise yourself as anyone.
This choice: Idea 1  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

The Book's Structure and Possible Future Spells

    by: Wordsmitty ✍️
For what it's worth, I present one possible idea (theory?) about The Book of Masks. This is just a concept and is not planned for use. I am hoping that it might make sense to others, so please comment by adding a chapter at the end.


First, one must understand The Book is meant to teach as it goes. Not in mere execution of procedures it contains, but in what is important for a magician to use magic. Most importantly, learning to develop and control his/her own power.

Spells step one through learning the power one piece at a time as follows (numbered by spell):

1. Make "disguise" - learn that to get a result is real work (like polishing) and introduces "collection" issues (passing out which is both bad and good if used properly).

2. "Use" disguise physically

3. Collect a copy of a "spirit" or "soul."

4. "Impersonate" a person vs. just a "disguise."


So, you have now learned:
         physical = disguise
         disguise plus soul = impersonation

5. Create life by making "body" (from the soil) and adding "life" from a mask.

6. "Change" life at will. Make (almost dead) body from live person then make it live again with a mask.

7. "Controlling" life to do your bidding and be what you want it to be (no stone golems used).


To continue one must recognize the progression, recognize the similarities, understand the materials, and connect all.

The eighth spell is only partial - just materials without instructions, or just some instructions, or pieces of each. It doesn't matter at all. The magician must be able to discern from it and what he/she has learned to combine whatever however to create the next spell.

8. Progressive control and imagining the result rather than assembling a recipe (unlocks torn page to reveal the next full page. What the spell is is also irrelevent. It could be dirt, hair, and fuel used on The Book. Whatever. It just has to prove the magician is worthy)

The magician must always learn and grow. He/she must "see" beyond procedures in order for magic to work. More than just the "how." (I think I read that somewhere. *Smile* )

Each succeeding "spell" is only partially described, or cryptically described. The magician must use this perception to create the result desired from here on.

Future spells, however they may be described/hidden, would do the following(throw in sigils where needed):

9. Controlling people >> changing persona >>> controlling what another will do, act, or be but still are themselves
         Going beyond disguise and impersonation
         ¿ a specially sealed mind strip of yourself ? gives them your emotions, personality, but not memories or appearance

10. Creates a slave without a mask or band - brings corpse golem back to life but person will now answer to master's commands

11. Putting multiple people in a single mask, building layers vice merge. (How can it be used is not explained in this spell, just how to "collect")

12. Selecting layers from a multiple person mask. Shows how it works.

13. Makes "impersonation" permanent. Like creating corpse golem but with person wearing regular mask going in
         Makes real person's mind dominant over mask's persona (opposite of mask dominating a corpse golem)

14. 12 plus 13 allows person to change their impersonation of anyone in the multiple mask at will.

15. Collecting and sorting aspects of physical and spirit to whoever you want. manipulating people Physically or mentally.

16. Somehow putting your whole self (physical & spirit) inside someone else. (yea, this may be possession)

XX?. Using 16 to move at will so you never get sick or age.


Just what went through my mind as I read more and more branches of good stories.

Enjoy or destroy.


You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Sensible.

*Noteb*
2. Nonsensical.

*Noteb*
3. Possible with changes.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Wordsmitty ✍️ (UN: wordsmitty at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/1021320-The-Books-Structure-and-Possible-Future-Spells