*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. How It All Begins
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1370565-The-Envelope/cid/483538-How-It-All-Begins
by Jeff
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Mystery · #1370565
A cryptic note from an old friend forces you into a dangerous situation.
Chapter #1

How It All Begins

    by: Jeff
Finally... it's here! From your upstairs home office, you see the postman stuff a handful of mail into your mailbox. Once he's sped off to the next house down the street, you dash through the house and out the front door, sprinting for the mailbox. You grab everything out of it and eagerly sift through the contents, looking for the big fat royalty check that they promised you'd receive today.

It's not there.

Your heart sinks at the thought of another day going by with only $5.61 to your name.

As you're sorting through the rest of the mail, you notice a plain white envelope with your name and address handwritten in black marker. No return address.

Curious, you tuck the rest of the mail under your arm and tear open the envelope, pulling out the single piece of paper off a canary yellow legal pad. Scrawled on it is a short message:

Keep this safe, old friend:

5 551 96 7 328

- VNC"


You stare at the plain note for several moments, trying to figure out what it means. You think of old friends, and somewhere from the recesses of your brain, you remember Vincent Nathan Carver, a friend from high school that you haven't spoken to in over ten years.

What do you do with the note?

You have the following choices:

1. Ignore it

2. Figure out what it means

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1370565-The-Envelope/cid/483538-How-It-All-Begins