*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Diaphoresis
  2. Chapter One
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1218333-Pay-It-Forward/cid/813461-Diaphoresis
Rated: ASR · Interactive · Other · #1218333
An interactive writing promt exercise. Choose a prompt, then create prompts for others.
This choice: Diaphoresis  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Diaphoresis

    by: Artemis Savory
I awoke drenched in sweat. It felt as if someone was watching me. Suddenly from the corner of my eye I saw someone approaching from the corner of the room. He was holding a small paper bag with a yellow M on the package. I cringed and pressed my back fast against the headboard as he slowly approached, the artificial smell of meal-worm hamburger and salt-drenched fries assaulted my nostrils. When he was standing only a few feet away, he tossed the bag into the air and it landed next to me on the bed. I rolled onto the other side of the bed and jumped to the floor, grabbing a t-shirt I had thrown down last night and using it to cover my nose and mouth.

"What are you thinking?!" I shrieked. "Get that shit OUT OF HERE!" The person continued to approach me and I slowly backed up until my back hit the wall. The window wasn't far. I tried to inch my way over. The person didn't notice. There was a pencil stuck in the sill. I tried pulling it out to no avail. The person grabbed both of my wrists and raised my arms above my head. He slammed them against the wall and pressed himself against me. I could smell the nasty stench of pre-packaged onions, ketchup, and fake meat on his breath. He was wearing a ski mask so that I couldn't see his face. It wasn't black, but red. As though he hadn't had time to buy something dark to keep himself better hidden. He pulled something from his pocket. I struggled against the grip he had on me. He was too close for a good knee in the crotch, but too far for a kick. Suddenly he was coming at my mouth with a can of something. A can of--of-- "Not an ENERGY DRINK! ANYTHING but that!!" I scrunched my eyes closed and turned my head away, but he brought one hand down, keeping my arms with the other, and forced the sweet, sticky fluid into my mouth. I spit it in his face. Dropping the still-full can on the floor, he ripped off the mask and drove his tongue into my mouth. The taste of rubber chicken and salt came to mind, but something was familiar about the motions.

He ran his arms down my sides, squeezing my upper arms and pulling me against him. He pulled away and stared at me. "Eric! You're back?" He only smiled and reached for the button of my pants, making me forget all about my vegan breakfast of the morning. How could I have eaten after what he'd put me through? Salt-and-meal-worm morning.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Eric and main character go out for lunch

*Noteb*
2. They "hang out" after hours at the Vegan pub

3. your choice

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Artemis Savory (UN: artemisnw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shannon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1218333-Pay-It-Forward/cid/813461-Diaphoresis