*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/947576
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Emotional · #475096
For anyone to ask me about anything,just type in your question!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 7, 2004 at 2:58pm
Health stuff
by A Non-Existent User
 (This message was edited by ise-sky on 10-07-04 @ 2:59 pm EDT)

Of course you sent me something for my birthday, silly thing! You sent a painted card, a purple, soft, snuggly teddy bear, some great swap, and, oh, shoot, now I'm forgetting! Such a shameful friend! Ohh! Duh -- the little multi-colored purse! It's my "Money Lug", as I call it.

I don't know why my family rations honey! I know we certainly can't buy it in gallon jugs around here, only medium-sized squeeze bottles from local beekeepers at the farmers market (should that be farmer's market, farmers market, or farmers' market?!). I think that having bees ourselves and not knowing if we'll get much honey, we tend to use it as sparingly as we can -- a developed mindset of paranoia you could say.

I don't know why I didn't think of that, about refined sigar giving you muscle pain and lowering your immune system, because that's how I am! I swear, I wake up with a scratchy throat and a sore head when I have a lot of sugar, like cake and ice cream. And refined sugar definitely makes me jittery! I read somewhere that 1 teaspoon of sugar = 5 grams of sugar, so now I know how much sugar per serving I'm getting by reading the back of a box. The cereal I used to eat -- Barbara's Shredded Spoonfuls -- had 5 grams of sugar per serving, so 1 teaspoon. Yikes! I went off that straight away. Just think how many teaspoons of sugar are in soda, if each soda has (uh oh, this is sounding like something straight out of a math book) 40 grams of suagr -- that's 8 teaspoons!!! GROSS!

I also read that consuming 6 teaspoons of sugar lowers the immune system's strength by 25% in 6 hours. That's crazy.

Yep, I always use the honey remedy for burns. My dad just about burned his whole hand off when he was a teenager, but he covered it in honey and it was so much better the next day. I also use onions. I slice off some nice rounds to wrap around the burn and fasten them with rubber bands. It takes the sting away, but I don't know if it actually heals like honey.

I read in a magazine that someone was once told to go stand in a fresh cowpie to stop an infection in their toe, and it worked! I love simple remedies.

The Magdalene Sisters came out on video/DVD awhile back -- maybe February? I think it's about Irish girls who get in trouble -- "trouble" as in having premarital sex, drinking, rebelling, whatever -- and get sent to a super-strict religious convent or house or school and conditions are extremely severe. It takes place in the 60s as I recall. As you can see, my knowledge is pretty vague. I keep meaning to rent it, though.

I love how you love emotion! I blast songs in my car all the time that give me that emotional jolt. I turn up the bass and sing along and feel high on the feeling of it all. The song by Nightwish gives me the same feeling -- that deep, slow bass, the dramatic opera-style singing, the heaviness and deliberateness of the melody.

Urgh, I suck at description today!

"I've never had a humble opinion.
If you've got an opinion,
why be humble about it?"
MESSAGE THREAD
Feeling lonely · 10-02-04 11:24pm
by Alex Elizabeth
Re: Feeling lonely · 10-03-04 2:01am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Feeling lonely · 10-04-04 12:09am
by Alex Elizabeth
Re: Re: Re: Feeling lonely · 10-05-04 3:22pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Feeling lonely · 10-05-04 7:32pm
by Alex Elizabeth
*Star* Health stuff · 10-07-04 2:58pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Feeling lonely · 10-04-04 8:47am
by Amber is excited
Re: Feeling lonely · 10-03-04 5:38am
by RachieBee
To our lovely Ellie · 10-03-04 3:33pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: To our lovely Ellie · 10-04-04 2:06am
by Alex Elizabeth
Re: Re: Feeling lonely · 10-04-04 2:03am
by Alex Elizabeth

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, RachieBee.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/947576