*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/904645
Rated: XGC · Message Forum · Erotica · #159656
Reading, writing, editing, reviewing, teasing, tempting, teaching, laughing, living!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 27, 2004 at 6:56pm
Re: Re: Oy, this is a new one. O_o (noncon question)
Tehuti,
that is a helluva question, but its a good one none the less.
my question would be firstly, have you ever read any books out of the Gor series, by John Norman? If not, he has written an entire series of books based on a society of his design, most of which is based upon a "men are stronger and are supposed to lead the women as the weaker sex" kind of principle. so his writings deal with the very issues that are you working with yourself.
i personally don't see any problem with the situation in writing. its just that, writing.
i don't believe you need to include a disclaimer of any sort within the writing itself. if you feel the need, one at the beginning is gracious plenty. it would disrupt the fluidity of the piece if you stopped every time and attempted to warn people of what is coming. not only that, but it sort of throws some unwanted foreshadowing in there.
not to mention that anyone that is not interested in that isn't going to skip through paragraph by paragraph, avoiding all the ones with disclaimers. if they don't like it, they're just not going to read it.
theres no reason you have to make an apology to the reader for your choices. its their problem if they read it and dislike it after being warned... (unless of course they give GOOD constructive literary criticsm).
so go right ahead with your piece, i'll be very interested in reading it in the future!!
~Master Grayson's naughty wildcat
MESSAGE THREAD
Oy, this is a new one. O_o (noncon question) · 07-27-04 9:53am
by Tehuti, Lord Of The Eight
Re: Oy, this is a new one. O_o (noncon question) · 07-27-04 10:10am
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: Re: Oy, this is a new one. O_o (noncon question) · 07-27-04 6:56pm
by Graysons naughty wildcat

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Petronella60 -on hiatus.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/904645