*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/470596
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Health · #371316
This forum is for all women who want to discuss Menopause.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 2, 2002 at 12:28pm
Re: Re: Symptoms of Menopause

Thanks Earthwoman on the suggestions. I will certainly do that.

As far as an age...from all the books I've read..it can start in your early 30's. I have some friends who are going through it now in their 30's. Mine started at age 47 where I could tell it was menopause,the burning of the facial cheeks which I called my "power surge". But the books all say it depends on what age you started with your period, how many children you had, genetics,environment,cholesterol levels(low total cholesterol levels often trigger an early menopause...can win!),weight and diseases and surgery/treatment.

There is also a blood test your doctor can do to see where your hormones are exactly. This might help you.

So, I guess what they're saying is...each person is on her own here!

Interesting...I just read where if you have cancer of the uterus (mine was cervical) may cause the endocrine system to extend estrogen production, thereby delaying the onset of menopause. Learn something new everyday.

The best thing I can suggest is for everyone to just read,read and read! The more you know..the better you'll feel.

I got up one day...the first day I had with the crying thing...and I just couldn't stop crying. I thought I was cracking up!! I called my girlfriend who is older and has been going through this for about two years ahead of me. She laughed and said...."Welcome to Menopause!" Didn't make my day...but I felt so much better.

I have nothing to go by as far as my mothers past...she had a "hyster" in her early 30's which I'm finding out happened a lot to that age group. My mother will be 72 next month. But I am taking all kinds of notes for my daughter. She will exactly what happen to me through this life's journey.

jane:)

Logo/Sig designed by the StoryMistress for me

image for Catwoman Pink Ribbon for Breast Cancer designed by AIP

Stop animal abuse

One isn't born a woman, one becomes one.
Simone De Beauvoir
MESSAGE THREAD
Symptoms of Menopause · 10-02-02 9:06am
by catwoman
Re: Symptoms of Menopause · 10-02-02 11:15am
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: Re: Symptoms of Menopause · 10-02-02 12:28pm
by catwoman

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, catwoman.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/470596