*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3689995
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 21, 2024 at 2:38pm
Oct. 21 - Freestyle Brainstorm, World Building or Research
Hello lovely writers,

How is your planning going? I find October a wild ride. Hang on, you can do it! Each step in this process if bringing you closer to that story you have envisioned.

Today's focus in on:
Oct. 21: - General: Freestyle Brainstorm, World Building or Research, Round 2 â–¼
(1) Spend at least fifteen minutes clarifying things through "What If" brainstorming, mind mapping (see resources at the bottom of the calendar), freestyle writing, lists, drawings or research. You may also choose to use this time to finish a previous assignment that needs more time.
(2) Update your characters, definitions and settings lists as needed.

Today's an opportunity to brainstorm again. Get into the nitty gritty of your world building or any research you have going on.

I currently find myself doing session after session of The Plot Forest 2024 Summit and loving every minute of it. It started Saturday and it runs through to the end of Wednesday night. It's a free event, but I have gotten the all access pass early so that I can have access for longer than 24 hours after a session is complete. I have learned so much and been inspired. I have also found some great authors I want to continue getting to know and maybe do something with in the future. I believe you can still join. It is worth it if you can.
Here's the link: https://forest.plotsummit.com/

Here's a taste:
"Each day of the event contains lessons on planning your novel, from building the foundations of the story to adding in complications like genre-specific plot points, amazing scenes, and compelling characters. The summit will close with talks about building a plan for your writing life and reflecting on everything you've learned." - Daniel David Wallace - organizer extraordinaire.

It's something to consider. And there are some great bonuses - some free, some great deals. I bought a lifetime membership for AutoCrit for a discount.

Happy prepping. Any questions? Ask away.

Dragon Vale Emblem

Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.
For new Mods!

My owl signature from Gemini Gem.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Oct. 21 - Freestyle Brainstorm, World Building or Research · 10-21-24 2:38pm
by 💙 Carly - aka Joan Watson
Re: Oct. 21 - Freestyle Brainstorm, World Building or Res... · 10-21-24 2:47pm
by QueenNormaJean Let's Go!Go!Go!
Re: Re: Oct. 21 - Freestyle Brainstorm, World Building or... · 10-21-24 4:08pm
Re: Re: Oct. 21 - Freestyle Brainstorm, World Building or... · 10-21-24 4:08pm

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Battywyn🎶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3689995