*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3579687
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Activity · #2109126
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 21, 2023 at 10:10pm
Edited: August 21, 2023 at 10:21pm
Re: June 16 entry Express It Eight
Wait. I just checked. Express it in Eight wasn't a contest I highlighted this June. *Confused* June is my short contest month, so I thought this was a highlighted contest since it was posted in June and it says June in the title. Though apparently you are posting the date you enter the contest. I don't need that since if you post the link to your post in the contest forum, here in my challenge forum, I can click that link to the contest forum to see when you entered the contest *Bigsmile*

Okay, to ensure you understand which contests to enter for current rounds, enter only contests you see me highlighting in the Newsfeed such as "Note: Well, things are a bit lopsided this month in..." or the (usually 3) contests you see in the challenge forum in "The Contest Challenge. *Smile* In June and November, sometimes I run lots of contests since they are all short/quick/easy contests like Express it in 8. But normally I run only 3 contests, sometimes 4, but almost never 5, just so you know what you are looking for. *Wink* Please check the forum to ensure you understand which contests you are supposed to be entering to get credit for August 2023! The 3 contest options for this month are "Fantasy Firsts, "Long, Long, Long, and "Out of The Fog Contest - Open March 1st.

Please check "The Contest Challenge to ensure you see where I got that list of contests. They are highlighted on the page as bitem links. *Smile* You can't just choose whatever contests you want to enter each month. *Laugh* You have to enter the ones I say to enter. That's part of the challenge--to enter contests you might not have otherwise entered. *Laugh* Though August is the long contest month. I separate out the short and long contests into their own month because otherwise, they cause problems. No one wants to enter the long contests when I pair them with normal-length contests and no one wants to enter the normal-length contests when I pair them with short contests, thus everyone gets their own special months. *Wink* August is for long contests (a recent addition) and June and November are for short contests. April is National Poetry Month, so as another recent addition, it's now only for poetry...when I remember. *Laugh* *Angelic*

I'll give you credit for December 2017 for this short contest. I shouldn't because by then, I definitely knew I needed to keep the short contests separate, but also, I wasn't around in June when you were making all these mistakes, so it's not all your fault...though I wonder how carefully you read the instructions since you're making a variety of mistakes. *Think* *Laugh* *Heart*

Please let me know if you are having trouble figuring out which contests to enter. *Hug1**Smile**Hug2*

I know you can do this! *Heart*

Easter signature

And be sure to check out my challenge

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo's in Alabama

and my contest

FORUM
The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now  (13+)
This irregular contest will change each round. Nature poem? Horror story? Whatever.
#2232242 by Schnujo's in Alabama

MESSAGE THREAD
June 16 entry Express It Eight · 06-16-23 11:38am
by JCosmos
Re: June 16 entry Express It Eight · 08-20-23 7:20pm
by Schnujo's in Alabama
*Star* Re: June 16 entry Express It Eight · 08-21-23 10:10pm
by Schnujo's in Alabama

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Schnujo's in Alabama.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3579687