Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(337)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #896794
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 27, 2023 at 7:37am
6/27 I thought we were friends
*Dollar* 500 GPs were sent to Arakun the twisted raccoon with this post.
I stared at the handwritten note on my desk, my heart skipping a beat with curiosity. The words were etched in elegant strokes, ink shimmering on the crisp paper.

"I thought we were friends."

A smile tugged at the corners of my lips as I read those six words. They carried a hint of playfulness, a touch of mischief. The ink seemed to dance across the page, inviting me into a secret world of friendship and adventure.

I closed my eyes and let the memories flood my mind. We had shared countless adventures, laughter echoing through the streets as we chased our dreams. From spontaneous road trips to late-night dance parties, our friendship was a tapestry woven with joy.

With a lighthearted chuckle, I realized that the note was a clever ruse, a playful invitation to a surprise gathering. My thoughts raced with anticipation as I imagined the surprises that awaited me. Perhaps it was a reunion of old friends or an impromptu celebration of life's simple pleasures.

As I hurriedly made my way to the designated meeting place, my heart brimming with excitement, I couldn't help but be grateful for the bond we shared. True friendship, I realized, was an anchor that weathered storms and brought sunshine to even the darkest days.

As I turned the corner, I saw a familiar face illuminated by a sea of smiles. Surrounded by loved ones, my friend stood there, a mischievous sparkle in their eyes. Cheers erupted, and I was swept into a warm embrace, enveloped by laughter and camaraderie.

In that moment, the six words on the note took on a new meaning. They were not a lament or a plea, but a playful reminder of the depth of our connection. We were friends, and that meant endless possibilities, unwavering support, and a lifetime of shared memories.

As the festivities continued, I reveled in the joyous chaos of friendship. The note, once a cryptic puzzle, had transformed into a testament of love and laughter. And as we celebrated, I realized that true friendship was not just a destination; it was the journey we embarked on together, etching memories on the canvas of our hearts.

With a grateful heart, I raised my glass, toasting to the power of friendship and the beautiful surprises that it brings.

"I thought we were friends," I whispered with a smile, knowing that these words were the foundation of a lifetime of happiness
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
6/27 I thought we were friends · 06-27-23 7:37am
by WriterRick

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Arakun the twisted raccoon.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3569351