*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3550954
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 10, 2023 at 1:37am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question: Favorite Love Interest?
In my experience, forums that care about necromancy put up warnings. Didn't see 'em, so just posted anyway because I've fallen back down into this hole and wanna chat with people about it :D

back to the pairings:
When I was putting together my ranking list, I kept debating whether any of the others could really knock Chelsea down from the top, and it ultimately came down to no other love interest being as developed as Chelsea was: they had some long-ass storylines together, and one of them even continues (maybe) into TWS.

A lot of the love interests I would like to see get as developed as Chelsea was able to, and she's likely to get knocked down then, but as is…

The situation is kinda similar to the Kelsey-Will bodyswap scenario, so I can see where you get the "only paired because of reader". For Kelsey-Will, I feel like the only got together because they were the two characters in that situation, and could be swapped out for a lot of other characters who would also get together.

That's not the vibe I get from Chelsea-Will, although they definitely would not have gotten together in basically any other situation ever; but the scenario they're in requires the characters be Chelsea 'bossy, hell-bent, cruel, secretly miserable and desperate for kindness' and Will 'mostly easy-going, draws a line in the sand, inclined to be kind, and wants to be wanted' in order for their relationship to work. And it does, I think.

Also I am a goddamn sap, a squishy marshmallow, so I kept avoiding the Mireya storyline because the first thing I learned of it is that it's a tragedy. But damn it, you're a great writer.

So I read in far enough to realize I really fucking adore Mireya—happened pre' quickly; she's great—and I am not ready. So now I'm slowly working my way back up through the Book of Masks storyline, and inching closer to however the hell she ended up off a cliff.

And with my very limited knowledge, I am curious if Will will end up going the route of Kasumi from Mass Effect, but instead of hologram-Keiji, it's, uh…

Well, something that may not be Stellae-approved.

Also, in regards to rugal (I have no idea how to respond to multiple posts on this forum) and the Stellae, was the Stellae not meant to be ineffective back-stabbers? Like goddamn, talk about the Order of the Phoenix and Jedi council vibes. It's a motley crew loosely aligned with Much dubious loyalties and trust. And how the Stellae treat retrograde smacked of how the Jedi of the Republic treated Dark Siders, like the sanctimonious ineffective or counterproductive shit.

And was Kali meant to be Minerva McGonagall? Because goddamn she reminds me so much of McG—like so much potential and well-meaning intentions, but holy shit does she drop the ball.
she is also very much a character type I crush on. Like the storyline where Will is mentored by Kali and Miko? i was smitten. Miko and Rick are great tho, so my braincell focused on Kali. I haven't read through all of her backstory—my attention span is crap—but I found myself wondering how it would affect Will-Kali's relationship if Will, instead of turning into Helene, turned into her past lover. (how to get Kali out of the mom-zone)

On the other side of the spectrum, since Will-through-the-Libra is immortal, it would amuse me to see Will drift away from the Stellae and years down the road end up romantically interested in the child of a Stellae or a Stellae found young that (s)he barely remembered—i wanna see the horror of "oh shit I knew you as a child" or whatever awkward relationship was had with the parent.

Or Rosalie-Joe-Will where Rosalie and Will share Joe. Because the angst route has been explored but Rosalie and Will—platonically—is one of my favorite relationships and screw that love triangle.

So many fun possibilities.
MESSAGE THREAD
Question: Favorite Love Interest? · 09-10-22 3:05pm
by rugal b.
Re: Question: Favorite Love Interest? · 09-10-22 5:17pm
by T.G.Almeida
Re: Question: Favorite Love Interest? · 09-10-22 6:48pm
by Zuul
Re: Question: Favorite Love Interest? · 09-17-22 11:26pm
by bori258
Re: Question: Favorite Love Interest? · 03-05-23 4:40pm
by PersonJe
Re: Re: Question: Favorite Love Interest? · 03-06-23 5:58pm
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Re: Question: Favorite Love Interest? · 03-07-23 1:03am
by PersonJe
Re: Re: Re: Re: Question: Favorite Love Interest? · 03-07-23 4:38am
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question: Favorite Love Interest? · 03-07-23 3:28pm
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question: Favorite Love Interest? · 03-07-23 10:09pm
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question: Favorite Love Interest? · 03-07-23 10:25pm
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question: Favorite Love Inter... · 03-08-23 12:02pm
by rugal b.
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question: Favorite Love Interest? · 03-10-23 1:37am
by PersonJe
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question: Favorite Love Interest? · 03-10-23 3:34am
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question: Favorite Love Inter... · 06-05-23 8:54am
by Seuzz

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3550954