*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3548150
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 20, 2023 at 5:44pm
Choosing Cinderella
This is one of those areas that, right now, I'm sort of making up as I go and is meant to be more of a hub for sending the story off in various directions and Will into various identities. I guess you can say it's a sub-area of the larger hub that is The Advisor but funny enough, that wasn't necessarily intended to be a hub at first. It was originally supposed to be five names of which Ms. Simeon was one, however I couldn't really narrow down which other names I wanted as options. So at that point I thought it'd be better to just make categories and go from there.

I also wanted to do something a little differently than what's typically done with the golems. Mostly they're just doubles to be ordered around, a Willbot or Chelseabot or whatever. In Queen Sacrifice and subsequent chapters, Seuzz went something of the opposite routes: blanks who know or have been told that they're mere impostors and so don't think of themselves as being Chelsea or Kelsey, merely things assuming their identities. So I decided to go in the complete opposite direction of having them be treated as if they're still the real people. Will, of course, is still ordering them but in a way that's more persuasive and less master/servant. Almost more like Will as the leader of a subversive cult than Will as the ruler of a bunch of magic robot people.

I intend to write chapters for each of the categories going off of Choosing Cinderella but they'll be in the same style as "Junior Jubilee: names and descriptions really. There's a lot of characters in BoM who are "name only" but who have some written descriptions in supplementary stuff (or ideas that exist purely in my head) so if I simply threw a name out then there's a chance that it might not mean anything, especially given my predilection towards characters who haven't been used or impersonated. That doesn't mean that all of them will be unknown quantities (there's one name, for instance, who should be a no brainer as someone well positioned to be the school's shadow ruler... I'll let you guess who that might be) but I figure Deanna's summaries are better than just throwing out a name and leaving it at that.

At the moment I'm only really filling out the choices for Choosing Cinderella. Admittedly I don't have much interest in Will in a guy's mask so you can consider that one an open one. The underclassmen choice has the problem where I consider it extremely open ended: it would be a mix of freshmen,sophomores, and juniors of both sexes which leads into the issue of do I just pick five names or further subdivide it and then do I divide it by grade and then pick five names or further divide each grade by gender and etc.

At the moment, I don't really have a plan as to which person I'm going to have Will impersonate, it's simply writing the set up chapters and picking names and then hoping I can find one that interests me enough or a proper story to then continue from there.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Choosing Cinderella · 02-20-23 5:44pm
by rugal b.

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3548150