*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3526898
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore. Prep 2024 signups now open!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 14, 2022 at 6:36am
Edited: October 14, 2022 at 6:55am
Re: Re: ANOTHER YUMMY INSPIRATION...
Weinstein means natural tartaric acid which is a by-product of making wine, sparkling wine (& champagne) and prosecco, in form of a salt.

It's used in organic baking powder (instead of phosphates)... but as I said, you can always use normal baking powder.

I find organic products just more digestible... and try to only buy them.*Idea*

Apropos: no gluten hunger here.*Shock*

I bet that if you made a bread, let the dough rest for at least 6 hrs (better overnight), that you could eat it without having too much difficulty because all the things that also likely make you feel bad (FODMAPs / ATIs) would be removed from the dough by the yeasts by the time you finally bake it.*Idea*

Sorry, Germany = bread nation, so we make the "bread test" for presumed gluten sensitivity here.*Blush* (No joke!)

Often it's not gluten as such that causes the problems but FODMAPs (certain sugars, like fructose, lactose), or ATIs (certain proteins in grains containing gluten), which can't be really absorbed by the small intestine, wander into the bowel where they're fermented, and so cause... problems.

Sorry for the potential TMI, but about every American (and a good portion Canadians*Shock2*) I've met so far stated that problem.*Shock2* It's just not as common here in Europe, or at least the part in Europe I live in... and so I researched a bit.*Blush*

As long as you're not officially diagnosed with celiacs, wheat allergy, non-carbolic-disease-non-wheat-allergy-wheat-sensitivity, and the like, gluten might not be the bad guy (or at least not alone).*Idea*

(If yes, consider me shut up. *Angelic* And I'd understand why you wouldn't dare the "bread test", either.*Pthb*)

But maybe - if you love bread, pasta, etc., like me*Blush*, and feel sad you can't eat them anymore*Cry* - you could have your doctor do the necessary tests - if they didn't do it already. (Or use gluten-free alternatives, which you probably do already, though.)*Idea*

Lecture out.*Shock2*
MESSAGE THREAD
ANOTHER YUMMY INSPIRATION... · 10-13-22 4:52pm
by Olivia's writing adult stuff
Re: ANOTHER YUMMY INSPIRATION... · 10-13-22 9:29pm
by QueenNormaJean gettinPomsready
*Star* Re: Re: ANOTHER YUMMY INSPIRATION... · 10-14-22 6:36am
Re: Re: Re: ANOTHER YUMMY INSPIRATION... · 10-14-22 8:32am
Re: Re: Re: Re: ANOTHER YUMMY INSPIRATION... · 10-14-22 8:46am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ANOTHER YUMMY INSPIRATION... · 10-14-22 9:28am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ANOTHER YUMMY INSPIRATION... · 10-14-22 10:48am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ANOTHER YUMMY INSPIRATION... · 10-14-22 11:41am
Re: ANOTHER YUMMY INSPIRATION... · 10-14-22 9:32am
by šŸ’™ Carly - aka Joan Watson
Re: Re: ANOTHER YUMMY INSPIRATION... · 10-14-22 10:43am
Re: Re: ANOTHER YUMMY INSPIRATION... · 10-14-22 11:44am
Re: Re: Re: ANOTHER YUMMY INSPIRATION... · 10-14-22 6:28pm
by šŸ’™ Carly - aka Joan Watson

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3526898