*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3505912
Rated: E · Message Forum · Activity · #2261482
Where all you have to do is read books to receive awesome prizes.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 29, 2022 at 3:04pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: First March Entry- WdC Authors!
I think horror movies are really "surprise-gore!" movies, definitely not my thing. The horror stories I've read (which are admittedly not Steven King or... well-known horror writers) have been strange and I've wondered if they were really "horror" because they didn't seem all that. They weren't gory or really that scary. Creepy, maybe. But not enough to make me think about the creepy bits at night or anything. I just find it interesting.

I don't remember if I wrote a review for a book called The Hollow Places by T. Kingfisher? It's got a couple places where you're yelling, "Oh, no, bad idea!" to the character, and it turns out you're wrong and it's okay (like putting their hand in a hole and you just know something is going to grab them). But there's no gore. A few scary images, but the story keeps moving and I just find it thought-provoking, or compelling or something. Maybe I'm just weird and horror doesn't effect me like it should! *Laugh*

Sorry if I'm chatting at you about this too much. I know you're busy! *Bigsmile* Thanks for running this challenge! *HeartV* It actually does push me to read more *Wink*

Colorful hearts signature ** Image ID #2267445 Unavailable ** The NJSC Journaling Challenge Logo
Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
MESSAGE THREAD
First March Entry- WdC Authors! · 06-25-22 7:54pm
by Nobody’s Home
Re: First March Entry- WdC Authors! · 06-28-22 6:06am
by Choconut
Re: Re: First March Entry- WdC Authors! · 06-28-22 11:10am
by Nobody’s Home
Re: Re: Re: First March Entry- WdC Authors! · 06-29-22 6:16am
by Choconut
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: First March Entry- WdC Authors! · 06-29-22 3:04pm
by Nobody’s Home
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: First March Entry- WdC Authors! · 06-30-22 2:57am
by Choconut

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Choconut.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3505912