*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3332196
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(676)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 17, 2020 at 4:25pm
Hello all newbie poet here! :)
*Dollar* 1,000 GPs were sent to The StoryMistress with this post.
Hello I am "The White Flower" aka Caleb haha. I'm new to poetry and am interested in expressing myself through mystical language. I wasn't raised in a religious environment but as I grew older and began to understand my mental illness (bipolar disorder type 1) more I found solace in meditation and spirituality (particularly the more "eastern" traditions). At heart I am a perennialist and I believe all religious traditions teach the same message. Namely that we are all human and we should treat each other as equals regardless of the arbitrary classifications society puts on us to keep us separate. I do realize that there is a lot of conflict among the various religions but I still strongly believe that a better more tolerant world is within our reach. Achieving such a future will depend on us first of all respecting each other's cultural differences whilst simultaneously focusing on our similarities and attempting to unite each other whilst also respecting human diversity. I guess you could say I'm an idealist but yeah. Anyways I would love it if some of you could have a read of some of my poems and let me know how you feel about them. Honesty would be appreciated but I would still prefer constructive criticism as I'm still very new to this poetry thing. I would recommend reading my poem "The Dance of All Peoples" first as its personally my favourite poem I have written so far but whichever title grabs you will do as well of course. Anyways thank you for reading and I hope I can be a valuable member of this community. I like it here a lot. Peace.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Hello all newbie poet here! :) · 03-17-20 4:25pm
by The White Lotus
Re: Hello all newbie poet here! :) · 03-17-20 4:31pm
by Richard ~ Typing Left Handed
Re: Hello all newbie poet here! :) · 03-17-20 5:04pm
by eyestar~*
Re: Hello all newbie poet here! :) · 03-17-20 5:07pm
by Dave
Re: Hello all newbie poet here! :) · 03-18-20 9:43am
by The StoryMistress

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3332196