*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3320401
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 25, 2020 at 8:12pm
Re: Re: Comments vs Reviews
by DKJ
*Dollar* 100 GPs were sent to northernwrites with this post.
Hi northernwrites,

Thank you for your prompt and illuminating response. I'm getting the impression that I have a lot to learn about the culture of WDC, I don't mean to cause offence.

I like that WDC is a feature rich environment (far too many applications/web sites dumb down these days because they think users can't cope with rich powerful tools). The design language of the site is not intuitive to me so I don't know where I should look for features that I would find useful. With that being said WDC has a rich history which is where I imagine this design language comes from.

I knew that in writing that note, I was re-inventing the wheel. I am sure if I had spent a few hours or days researching WDC I would have discovered why. However, a fresh set of eyes may offer a new perspective albeit unlikely. I will not hesitate to re-invent the wheel in future. Though, as I learn more about WDC such events should decrease over time.

Thank you for the generosity of your time and insight.

P.s. As an after thought what about a sister site with a name like 'written.com' which is linked with WCD wherein 'finished' items are able to be published (as a topic probably another well worn wheel).

P.p.s. My thoughts of what would normally (in most other contexts) constitute a review of a book would commonly refer to the substantive nature of the item and the abstract themes rather than the specifics writing style, grammar, spelling and critique of the structure. Where in the first might talk about the way in which the relationship between console programme and teletype terminal develops. The second would focus on the language and themes used to describe this relationship while offering guidance to improve the narrative. Of cause that assumes one confuses a technical manual and a love struck romantic tale in which WiFi sparks fly, which would be silly because WiFi is in-congruent in a period drama.
MESSAGE THREAD
Comments vs Reviews · 01-25-20 1:23pm
by DKJ
Re: Comments vs Reviews · 01-25-20 6:39pm
by Past Member 'northernwrites'
*Star* Re: Re: Comments vs Reviews · 01-25-20 8:12pm
by DKJ
Re: Re: Re: Comments vs Reviews · 01-25-20 10:01pm
by Past Member 'northernwrites'
Re: Re: Re: Re: Comments vs Reviews · 01-26-20 4:24am
by DKJ

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3320401