*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3223585
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore. Prep 2024 signups now open!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 18, 2018 at 5:39pm
Help please? I didn't think this would happen, I want to
Help please? I didn't think this would happen, I want to change my damned story now!

I'm up to assignment/day 20, right, and I swear, I want to change my story that I'm working on! It's not as strong an idea as I thought! But it's good that I'm seeing that fairly (?) early-ish? Or am I crazy? I mean, as I'm doing these assignments it's making me realize that this idea I have would make for a much better shorter story, and I'm okay with that. Maybe what I'll do for Nano is make my 50k a collection of shorter stories (Not real short, but 5k - 10k each)? Or, I do have another idea that might fly better for the 50k. I think what I might do after I finish day 20's assignment today is to go back to days 1 - 5 and work out the new idea to see if it's going to flesh out better. My current story now, I'm doing it, but it kind of feels forced. Or is this because I'm trying to be disciplined (something I've not been before), or, maybe I'm trying to self-sabotage because I've never done a 50k story before and I'm just not realizing that I'm afraid to fail? Everything I've ever done has been shorter stories. I feel almost panicky about it, but not full-blown fetal position, you know? Ugh, is anyone else feeling like this?
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Help please? I didn't think this would happen, I want to · 10-18-18 5:39pm
by Dobie Mom
Re: Help please? I didn't think this would happen, I wan... · 10-18-18 11:10pm
by Annette in France
Re: Re: Help please? I didn't think this would happen, I... · 10-19-18 4:54am
by Sand Castles Shopgirl 739
Re: Re: Re: Help please? I didn't think this would happe... · 10-19-18 3:00pm
by Dobie Mom
Re: Re: Re: Re: Help please? I didn't think this would h... · 10-19-18 7:15pm
by Sand Castles Shopgirl 739

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3223585