*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2892953
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore. Prep 2024 signups now open!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 14, 2015 at 11:44pm
Difference between the story and outline
Ha Ha!!!
As I have posted before I am a pantser. I am writing my story while I am trying to outline it and get the characters created and plots figured out. The fun part is the scene I am working on is where Alyiah is told that Scott and Chad are the same person. My outline "Invalid Entry shows that this is suppose to take place at the masquerade ball. My story that I am flying by the seat of my pants writing shows this to be happening during a day where the two meet and she rejects him yet professes her love for him. I know it's confusing.

Now before I begin to freak out and rant again. I realize that I don't have to follow the outline perfectly. It's just an idea of how the story can go. But I really like the way I wrote this scene and the outline fits too. I can change the story to fit the outline It will take some time and a lot of rewriting. Any ideas on what I should do? I only have a piece of this puzzle written. There is part of me that just wants to take the outline and begin writing from there and see what happens. I know, I know, it's my story. I like getting feedback from someone other than those in my head. *Headbang* *Crazy*
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Difference between the story and outline · 10-14-15 11:44pm
by Cadie Laine - Happy 24th WDC!
Re: Difference between the story and outline · 10-15-15 12:02am
by Patrece ~
Re: Re: Difference between the story and outline · 10-15-15 4:51am
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: Re: Difference between the story and outline · 10-15-15 10:03am
by Cadie Laine - Happy 24th WDC!
Re: Re: Re: Re: Difference between the story and outline · 10-15-15 12:15pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Difference between the story and outline · 10-15-15 4:41pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Difference between the story and ... · 10-15-15 4:58pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Difference between the story and outline · 10-15-15 4:48am
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2892953