*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2890800
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore. Prep 2024 signups now open!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 11, 2015 at 8:59am
Book Suggestions?
by Lorien
I'm interested in book suggestions in two genres to help me situate my November NaNovel:

1. Books that take place in a school, ideally over the course of a school year. Any level of schooling is fine.

I could really benefit from seeing how published works have handled school-year time lapse, because that's a place where I'm struggling.

2. YA novels published in the last 1-2 years that you really liked and/or that have a comedy/satire component.

I want to see what's being published right now -- what's popular, what the trends are, if there are things that are especially popular or unpopular right now. I'm really interested in seeing what other readers have connected with and what kinds of comedy/satire have been published so I can get a sense of the field.

I'd like to read these in October so I am well prepared when November comes around!

Thanks in advance!

Lorien

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Merit Badge in Teamwork
[Click For More Info]

It's always a pleasure to award you a Merit Badge (I've handed out one ... or two ... or three to you so far, right? *^*Smirk*^*) because you are so deserving of the recognition. *^*Heart*^* Thank you for being so supportive of Let's Publish, and for being a good friend. *^*Heart*^*

Hugs,

Em

One of my favorite places..."Invalid Item
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Book Suggestions? · 10-11-15 8:59am
by Lorien
Re: Book Suggestions? · 10-11-15 9:45am
by Noyoki
Re: Re: Book Suggestions? · 10-11-15 10:21am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Book Suggestions? · 10-11-15 12:31pm
by Shanachie
Re: Book Suggestions? · 10-11-15 3:42pm
by Storm Machine
Re: Re: Book Suggestions? · 10-12-15 7:51am
by Lorien

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2890800