*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2590043
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore. Prep 2024 signups now open!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 30, 2013 at 1:57pm
Re: Are you ready?
Personally, even though this is my first time, I am super excited. I'm also nervous yes, I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't, I expect only the best from myself but I know those are only my expectations and no one else's.

The negative what-ifs are a huge factor for me as well, but the more tips I read, and the more articles I read from people who have previously done NaNo, the more I realize I can take advantage and use the what-ifs in my story. If you come across a what-if, or multiple what-ifs in a part of you story, mark it with an asterisk or something and write out your what-ifs...maybe seeing them in form will boost your imagination or give you something to come back to to fill out a particular part of your story later.

I've read about people who aren't even using this time to actually write a novel but to write 50k about what they WANT to write a novel about. No one said it had to make sense to anyone but yourself, so take those what-ifs and give them a home and just let what flows, flow. I think this will help some of you (and me) stop sweating over the details of a great novel and let your brain do what it does best.

Remember you can skip parts that stump you in your story and move forward with a part that does. Maybe a few days later you find yourself inspired and you can go back and fill in the blanks!! Who said you had to write your story from the beginning to the end??

Don't worry, I know you all can do it. Just write and the rest will come. *Smile*

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
Are you ready? · 10-30-13 9:47am
by Past Member 'alysia'
Re: Are you ready? · 10-30-13 10:59am
by StarGazer
Re: Re: Are you ready? · 10-30-13 11:52am
by Past Member 'alysia'
Re: Re: Re: Are you ready? · 10-30-13 12:47pm
by StarGazer
Re: Re: Re: Re: Are you ready? · 10-30-13 1:04pm
by Rojodi
*Star* Re: Are you ready? · 10-30-13 1:57pm
by 🌑 Darleen - QoD
Re: Are you ready? · 10-30-13 2:42pm
by Storm Machine
Re: Re: Are you ready? · 10-30-13 2:44pm
by Past Member 'alysia'
Re: Re: Re: Are you ready? · 10-30-13 2:47pm
by Storm Machine
Re: Re: Re: Re: Are you ready? · 10-30-13 3:51pm
by Crys-not really here

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Brandiwyn🎶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2590043