*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2581436
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
Starts Oct. 1st! A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 11, 2013 at 9:00am
Re: Re: OT: Question?
by Past Member 'alysia'
Well, I have had this idea for two years now and have tried to write it before but to no avail. *Sad* I had a glimmer of an idea but no real plot and I can't seem to figure out the subplots or the juice of the story. I have written several premises for it, but it just doesn't seem right. Something is missing, I think it has to do with my antagonist. Here is one summary of my premise.

Damien and Tealeaf have always known the young girl Roslyn Rosewood, and the secrets to her past., but they aren't talking. They are part of a secret council called the Uncommon. A group of folks born with what they call weaknesses. These folks are not accepted into society's mold because of these weakness. When Roslyn was born, Damien and Tealeaf were assigned to watch over and protect the young girl from the dark forces that were rumored to be rising in Erl-a kingdom known for its chaos and darkness.

Now, that Roslyn is 16, she must discover her past through a series of tests prepared by a man named Philippe August. One fateful night, her mother is kidnapped and her father are killed by Shadow Guards searching for a particular person. This event sets her toward the Uncommon with Damien and Tealeaf. When she arrives at the Uncommons' Quarters, she soon discovers that she is not alone as she thought. There are many others like her. Many others who have not been accepted because of their scars.

After she passes the tests that Philippe sets up for her, she must go on a journey to defeat an evil wizard named Lord Beric. On her journey, she befriends Dorik-a Norgal who's a messenger, Madame Evie-a healer from the Bellafor Mountains, Greth-the elf from the Jarita Forest, Zantar-a dragon born without fire in his belly who resided in the Bellafor Mountains, exiled from the other dragons, and several others who will battle alongside her.

Will Roslyn Rosewood discover the secret's to her past? Will her friends be able to soften her bitter heart? Most of all, will she be able to defeat Lord Beric and save the kingdom of Alysia?

It needs more juice for it to flow, and this blurb sounds like something that would be on a jacket of a book. But what would be contained inside? I have done many of the excersises, but I am at a stop, a halt, so to speak. Ugh! Help would be greatly appreciated. If you need more insight into the novel, I will b e glad to assist.
MESSAGE THREAD
OT: Question? · 10-11-13 4:18am
by Past Member 'alysia'
Re: OT: Question? · 10-11-13 5:52am
by StarGazer
Re: OT: Question? · 10-11-13 7:56am
by Sarah Rae
Re: OT: Question? · 10-11-13 8:11am
by Storm Machine
*Star* Re: Re: OT: Question? · 10-11-13 9:00am
by Past Member 'alysia'
Re: Re: Re: OT: Question? · 10-11-13 9:03am
by Past Member 'alysia'
Re: Re: Re: OT: Question? · 10-11-13 9:14am
by Storm Machine
Re: Re: Re: OT: Question? · 10-11-13 9:33am
by Sarah Rae
Re: OT: Question? · 10-11-13 11:21am
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: OT: Question? · 10-11-13 4:22pm
by šŸŒ‘ Darleen - QoD
Re: Re: OT: Question? · 10-11-13 6:18pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: OT: Question? · 10-11-13 6:24pm
by Crys-not really here
Re: Re: Re: OT: Question? · 10-11-13 6:48pm
by Past Member 'alysia'
Re: Re: Re: Re: OT: Question? · 10-11-13 7:02pm
by Quick-Quill
Re: Re: Re: Re: OT: Question? · 10-11-13 7:57pm
by Storm Machine
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: OT: Question? · 10-11-13 8:50pm
by Past Member 'alysia'

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2581436