*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2576064
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 1, 2013 at 1:29pm
Individual Edit Access?
Just having one of my semi-regular "what if" brainstorming sessions, and wondering if there would be a benefit to adding individual usernames to have edit access to an item. For example, perhaps a text box in Section 2 (Content and Access Control Settings) similar to the ones where we enter in username(s) to give merit badges or gift points?

The reason for this suggestion is because it seems that the only way to allow edit access currently is for all users to be members of the same group, and to set Group Edit Access to level that includes all individuals. It would be great to allow specific users to have edit access (in the event that a few people are working on a specific non-group related item, for example), without having to find a mutual group and allow access to all group members with that same access level.

Originally I was going to suggest text boxes to add specific usernames to 'access' and 'denied access' lists, but in retrospect that functionality is largely covered by PassKeys and Block User functions respectively, and the number of situations where there's an exception for individual members are, admittedly, minimal. But I think the individual edit access would be enormously helpful to people working collectively on something (a raffle or auction, contest, etc.) who need access but aren't running it as necessarily part of a group they're all members of. *Smile*

Jeff
Logo for Senior Moderators - small

Please check out my community items:
"Unofficial Erotica Newsletter Group
"The Dark Society
"Blogocentric Formulations
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Individual Edit Access? · 10-01-13 1:29pm
by Dr. Jeffyll, or Mr. Hyde?

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2576064