*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2575088
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 29, 2013 at 6:59pm
Re: Additional Edit Awardicon Feature
To follow-up on what Matt said... While I don't know how many folks would actually get as offended as he would, certainly the intention of the "edit" is to handle those "Ooops, I read it 6 times, but I still missed that typo!" sort of issues.

I intentionally left out the award itself because there shouldn't be any "accidents" in terms of picking the color or shape. That's pretty easy to see outright on the confirmation page vs text errors that can hide for weeks. *Laugh*

I somewhat agree with Matt's notion (though I agree with far less vigor and emotion *grin*) that it shouldn't necessarily be in the hands of a recipient to request a change to the type / shape / color of the award itself.

That should be whatever the giver wants to give... and in cases where the giver wants to give exactly what the recipient wants, that should just be worked out in advance. In cases of the "surprise" award; well, it's the thought that counts and hopefully most people won't boo-hoo around about the color or shape of the surprise. *Bigsmile*

As always, I appreciate the suggestion ... just wanted to clarify and explain why it's not something we're going to implement at this point.
~~SM

The Storymaster Sig II. Merit Badge in Mythology
[Click For More Info]

*^*Salute*^**^*Lightning2*^*    Yipppeee! Wow! *^*Balloong*^**^*Crown*^* It's mythical!  It's magical!  You have been here leading the way for 19 years! *^*Heart*^* You rock! Thank you for all you be and do to provide this "home away from home" for so many writers and readers!*^*Heart*^* Happy Anniversary month!*^*Cake*^**^*Confettir*^**^*Choco*^*
RAOK's logo image.  This is a shared image, so feel free to use its item number.
FORUM
Technical Support Forum  (13+)
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
#303715 by Writing.Com Support
MESSAGE THREAD
Additional Edit Awardicon Feature · 09-27-13 2:51am
by Dr. Jeffyll, or Mr. Hyde?
Re: Additional Edit Awardicon Feature · 09-29-13 6:10pm
by Matt Bird MSci (Hons) AMRSC
*Star* Re: Additional Edit Awardicon Feature · 09-29-13 6:59pm
by The ScaryMaster

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2575088