*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2550117
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 4, 2013 at 1:40pm
Re: In regards to new members
Generally, I think it's better for new members to head to the forums we tell them about when they signup in a variety of places. In forums, anyone can answer, say hi, etc.

"Always" is a very firm word and I don't think you could compile a list of people who would "always" be around and instantly able to help folks. I wouldn't be a fan of having a new member email one or two or five people, each of whom may or may not be around for some number of hours or days because they're on vacation or have a broken laptop, etc etc. Let alone the issues of managing the list of "always" around folks... Even if they're around, they would have to have the time to answer nicely and helpfully, each email, in as short a time as possible.

I think for the best and most timely experiences, forums are the way to go. Of course, we're still dependent on you folks being in the forums actively and often to help and get to know new members... But the "numbers" are in WDC's favor at that point; anyone can answer, rather than one random person who's got an email sitting in their inbox. *Smile*

Best,
~~SM

The Storymaster Sig II. Merit Badge in Generosity
[Click For More Info]

I mulled over which to give you, and this was the most fitting. The amount we members get, for the price we pay is more than outstanding. This site is brilliantly created and maintained. You've thought of just about everything here, for a very fair price. The time you give to making sure we have what we do is appreciated, and does not go unnoticed. Thank you, for all you do, and for all we get.
RAOK's logo image.  This is a shared image, so feel free to use its item number.
FORUM
Technical Support Forum  (13+)
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
#303715 by Writing.Com Support
MESSAGE THREAD
In regards to new members · 08-04-13 9:39am
by Gaby ~ Way behind!
*Star* Re: In regards to new members · 08-04-13 1:40pm
by The ScaryMaster

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2550117