*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2347735
by Riot
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Other · #1761904
Want to introduce yourself? Looking to just chat? Have some coffee with us!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 17, 2012 at 1:22pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: anyone interested in political debates?
by A Non-Existent User
Unfortunately, Iran's blocking of a major strait to all international traffic, can be seen by the UN as a hostile act. I don't trust Iran. Lets see, it hasn't been that long ago since Carter was voted out because the Republican Controlled Congress held up getting hostages out of Iran until after the election. There was an excellent editorial in our newspaper the other day laying out just how much the economy has grown since Obama took over. Maybe he didn't do everything we wanted him to do but when you have a congress afraid of Filibusters with the non controlling party willing to dig their heels in on everything, nothing is going to get done.

This is not Obama's fault. He has done the best he could in a bad situation. I knew when he promised to close Gitmo and stop certain practices that he wouldn't. He wasn't lying he just wasn't privy to everything. Once he had access to all facts, what he said he would do and what he actually could do were two different things. That happens to every president. I do think he rolled over a few to many times. I believe the president should have line item veto. But, unless you can get a super majority in congress with a president of the same party in power, that is never going to happen.

Ron Paul, isn't electable. Lets face it, Hes to left wing even for the left wing and two right wing even for the right wing. LOL He is a man of extremes who tells the truth. Thats not what we want. We want someone to tell us what we want to hear then lie to us so we don't have to know exactly what it is our country does to stay in power.

I will vote, not in the primary as that I am a registered independent. But, I will vote in November. I will do it because no matter how bad the choices seem, no matter what we think of the current political situation or those running for office, one thing still holds true. We don't live in China. My eighteen year old daughter isn't living in a dorm with ten other women expected to crank out 5200 motherboards a day to feed the American addiction to technology, all because we wouldn't be willing to pay the extra 23% it would cost us to let Americans build the same thing.

The company in China that makes products for Apple, has had to hang nets from their buildings to catch sucide jumpers. Their workers commit sucide at an enormous rate because everything they need right down to nine roommates, whose names they are not allowed to know, is built into the plant where they work. They even have a McDonalds. Would you want to eat McDonalds three times a day? I would kill myself too.. No family, no friends, just go in work, go to your room sleep.

I saw the origional news report then saw the thing John Stewart said about it on the Daily Show. No way would I want to live that way. If not living that way means I go out and vote for a bunch of idiot politicians then so be it. What happens when we all stop voting? They take the right away from us? Im not willing to take that risk.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
"Invalid Item
"WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group"The WDC Angel Army
"Invalid Item"Invalid Item
Check out my Rising Stars Bookiemonster Outasync
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only ** ** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
anyone interested in political debates? · 01-07-12 11:16pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: anyone interested in political debates? · 01-09-12 7:00pm
by Itchy Water~fictionandverse
Re: Re: anyone interested in political debates? · 01-09-12 7:34pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: anyone interested in political debates? · 01-10-12 4:22pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: anyone interested in political debates? · 01-10-12 5:19pm
by Itchy Water~fictionandverse
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: anyone interested in political debates? · 01-11-12 11:29am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: anyone interested in political debates? · 01-11-12 8:18am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: anyone interested in political debates? · 01-11-12 10:42am
by Jeannie
Re: Re: anyone interested in political debates? · 01-12-12 9:22am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: anyone interested in political debates? · 01-16-12 1:51pm
by Jeannie
Re: Re: Re: Re: anyone interested in political debates? · 01-16-12 4:22pm
by hvysmker
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: anyone interested in political debates? · 01-17-12 1:22pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: anyone interested in political debates? · 01-17-12 3:06pm
by Jeannie
Re: Re: Re: Re: anyone interested in political debates? · 01-17-12 10:42am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: anyone interested in political debates? · 01-17-12 3:39pm
by Jeannie

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Riot.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2347735