*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2345218
by Riot
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Other · #1761904
Want to introduce yourself? Looking to just chat? Have some coffee with us!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 11, 2012 at 8:18am
Re: Re: Re: Re: anyone interested in political debates?
by A Non-Existent User
*Dollar* 200 GPs were sent to ember_rain with this post.
Hi ember_rain!
While I do not avoid politics like the plague, I do not over-indulge in it either. I have a family very much, especially my husband, actively interested (not involved) in it, so it is pretty much a dinner table conversation item, a breakfast conversation item, and everything in between item. I couldn't get away if I wanted to, which I find myself wanting to from time to time.
My reasons are the same as yours - the hypocrisy and duplicity of the whole game. I also will likely vote for Obama again for the same reasons as you (looks like we have much disgruntlement in common), knowing that to not exercise my right to vote would be waste of the hard-earned right to vote (women had to work for it, is what I mean), and voting for policies that led us to the disastrous consequences of our time would be a no-no. I kind of wish Huntsman had more success - at least, I can find reasons to respect him - but the others - heck no way! I am an independent voter who is convinced there is no choice. I must say I am glad the jokers have been eliminated in the round of GOP one by one. The Teapublicans, I mean. Don't even mention Gingrich and Perry. It just surprises me that in the past several years, is this all the GOP could come up with? Given there are so many republicans in the country!
I also confess that although I voted with much vigor for Obama the first time (my then 16 year old daughter was a huge campaigner for him too and volunteered many hours a week at the Obama Office) I did know deep inside that he would not be able to carry out all his promises or even many of them, with all that goes on in Congress. The other choice was so terrible back then, that the thought of the likes of Palin becoming VP was scarier than anything else. I supported Obama for many reasons then, but this time I will vote for him because there is no one else to vote for. Like you.
It has been great hearing from you, ember_rain, I enjoy our conversations!
Thank you,
Elinya
MESSAGE THREAD
anyone interested in political debates? · 01-07-12 11:16pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: anyone interested in political debates? · 01-09-12 7:00pm
by Itchy Water~fictionandverse
Re: Re: anyone interested in political debates? · 01-09-12 7:34pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: anyone interested in political debates? · 01-10-12 4:22pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: anyone interested in political debates? · 01-10-12 5:19pm
by Itchy Water~fictionandverse
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: anyone interested in political debates? · 01-11-12 11:29am
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: anyone interested in political debates? · 01-11-12 8:18am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: anyone interested in political debates? · 01-11-12 10:42am
by Jeannie
Re: Re: anyone interested in political debates? · 01-12-12 9:22am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: anyone interested in political debates? · 01-16-12 1:51pm
by Jeannie
Re: Re: Re: Re: anyone interested in political debates? · 01-16-12 4:22pm
by hvysmker
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: anyone interested in political debates? · 01-17-12 1:22pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: anyone interested in political debates? · 01-17-12 3:06pm
by Jeannie
Re: Re: Re: Re: anyone interested in political debates? · 01-17-12 10:42am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: anyone interested in political debates? · 01-17-12 3:39pm
by Jeannie

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Riot.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2345218