No ratings.
Rated: E · Message Forum · Other · #1804552
New Horizons Academy birthday greetings to Writing.com
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 31, 2011 at 11:00am
WDC Rocks!
by A Non-Existent User
I have known about WDC for several years. In October 2010 I became a member and promptly became non-active due to some life circumstances. In June of this year, I decided to get on WDC, learn it and use it.

I am a disabled, Bible-thumping mom and grandma living happily in northeastern Oklahoma. My 'things' are reading and Bible study, and WDC provides not only a creative outlet for me but a social scene as well. I'm not able to get out and enjoy being with people in my 3D life, so quality Internet relationships have been very important for me.

This is my first term as a New Horizons student. I am taking Dynamic Reviewing and Comma Sense. I think these classes are a wonderful idea and I'm grateful to the members who created and teach them.

One of the first things I began doing on WDC was reviewing others' work, and I found out I am fairly good at it. Yay! New hobby! I also enjoy reading and responding to the newsletters, entering contests and raffles, blogging, and visiting with my new friends on WDC. Oh yeah! I also try to create a new item every once in a while and get feedback from other members.

I've been featured in The Art of Criticism, and am a member of Showering Acts of Joy, God's Way, I.N.K.E.D., and Paper Doll Gang Blog City. I posted a few anniversary reviews with the aptly named Anniversary Reviews. I was honored to be selected as a Rising Star by Mentor ~AJ Lyle~.

To the Storymaster and Storymistress: Props! Kudos! Way to go! So many sites are created every year on the Internet that could be a wonderful thing, but for some reason they don't take off and eventually the creators shut them down. I'm glad you all have found a way to make WDC a successful and fun place to be. I think the variety of activities on the site contributes to that, as well as the hard work of certain 'senior' members. Everyone is so willing to share what they know and what works for them, and you have an interface that makes it easy to do that.

My life is different since becoming committed to WDC and improving my writing skills. Since becoming active I have decided that I am not going to write with the intent of publishing. I'm going to write for the pure creative joy of it. I log in to my computer first thing in the morning and keep tabs open all day for gmail, Facebook, K12, and WDC. I am here several times a day. I mentioned earlier that I've made a commitment to spend time on WDC, but that in no way diminishes the contentment and pleasure I get from being here.

Happy Birthday, WDC! I hope there are many more to come!

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
Big Thanks to my Rising Star Mentor ~AJ Lyle~
KAL (MsKelly65)
"If you look at the world, you'll be distressed. If you look within, you'll be depressed. If you look at God, you'll be at rest." — Corrie Ten Boom
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
WDC Rocks! · 08-31-11 11:00am
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Rixfarmgirl.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2289955