*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2120623
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 7, 2010 at 4:38pm
Re: Nonregistered authors making reviews
Grey cases are "registered users." That term simply means that they do not have anything in their portfolio at the moment. How do you know this person has never had anything her portfolio in three years? We have some members at the site who are here just to read and express their opinions about what they read-- they consider themselves readers more than writers. It can be valuable to get opinions from readers who aren't writers, because often their views are how your work might be perceived once it's published.

Why should these people be allowed to review when they have not even proved they can write? Just become a member has items in their portfolio doesn't mean they "can write." There are registered authors on this site that I could argue don't know how to write. How much, or how little, work a person has in his/her portfolio isn't indicative of how well they can write.

I just had an experience where a nonregistered author reviewed one of my poems, rated it as a 3, said some very nasty things, and then at the end she admitted that she barely passed college poetry.

First of all, I'd walk away and give it some time before deciding whether the things she said were "nasty." This person could have some good points, but not be expressing them as nicely as you're used to. There are so many different types of reviewers out there. If, after careful consideration, you decide what she said was aimed at you personally, not at helping you become a better writer, you can "Submit a Complaint.

Remember, you can receive three stars from any member of the site, no matter their case color. You can receive negative reviews from any member of the site, no matter their case color. If you're questioning the validity of reviews by registered users simply because you've received three stars from one of them, think about this: 3 stars means your piece is average; 5 stars means it's perfect. How many of us actually have work in our portfolio that is perfect and unflawed?

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
Nonregistered authors making reviews · 08-07-10 4:12pm
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: Nonregistered authors making reviews · 08-07-10 4:38pm
by Crys-not really here
Re: Nonregistered authors making reviews · 08-07-10 8:57pm
by Neko ♥ Away
Re: Re: Nonregistered authors making reviews · 08-07-10 9:07pm
by Crys-not really here
Re: Nonregistered authors making reviews · 08-07-10 10:22pm
by The ScaryMaster

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2120623