*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2119261
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 4, 2010 at 3:57am
Re: I just thought of something...
There are a variety of logistical and policy reasons why we don't allow group "items" to give out badges and awards. The short answer is that it's a lot easier to create a group than it it a user and while we don't "police" the user of badges and awards, there's some general accountability inherent in the system when people have to send them from their own account... not a group that could be later deleted or transferred, etc. In particular, "qualified" badges are those badges given by an individual member to another member within a given 15 dayish period. Group badge-ing would really throw this policy into a tizzy or loopholes and problems. *Wink*

We definitely realize it's not convenient in the case of banks and especially for larger groups that regularly give out awards and badges to their members for contests, etc. On the other hand, we're really not into opening the can of worms that comes from changing that. *Wink*

Best wishes,
~~SM

The Storymaster Sig II. Merit Badge in Generosity
[Click For More Info]

Ranked # 1  for Scrolling Games  Gift Point  sponsorships for the month of  November 2008 . Thank you for your generosity!
RAOK's logo image.  This is a shared image, so feel free to use its item number.
FORUM
Technical Support Forum  (13+)
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
#303715 by Writing.Com Support
MESSAGE THREAD
I just thought of something... · 08-02-10 5:41pm
by Radler Zpheitor
Re: I just thought of something... · 08-03-10 5:00pm
by Dr. Jeffyll, or Mr. Hyde?
Re: Re: I just thought of something... · 08-03-10 7:42pm
by Radler Zpheitor
*Star* Re: I just thought of something... · 08-04-10 3:57am
by The ScaryMaster
Re: Re: I just thought of something... · 08-04-10 4:34pm
by Radler Zpheitor
Re: Re: I just thought of something... · 08-04-10 4:46pm
by Erika

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2119261