*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2029587
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 21, 2010 at 7:51pm
Edited: January 21, 2010 at 8:01pm
Re: Re: Re: Email Forwarding
It is a minor, but a very convenient feature... I personally love it. *Smile*

External email service does, however, add more load to our email servers. Services like GMail, Yahoo! and more automatically check our email server on a regular basis and we have no ability to limit "how often" they can check. So, when you add the ability to many thousands of accounts without keeping in mind the possible increase in resource usage, you end up with a bad service. For services like that, we tend to keep them in Premium.

And, of course, if we included all the Premium features into Upgraded, there really wouldn't be a reason to pay for a higher level of membership. I mean, if we could pull it off, I'd love for everything on the site to be free. *Wink* Since we can't do that, we could combine them all and just raise the price of Upgraded, I'm a firm believer that our members should have options.

We definitely try to make sure everyone gets their money's worth at every level of membership and we try to keep adding to each level without raising the prices (which we haven't done in 6 or 7 years?). When we add big conveniences to any of the membership levels without increasing the cost, we think we're doing the right thing.

Just as a note, Premium Membership, when you pay for a year, is just $0.40 a day. You can't even get a cup of coffee for that anymore.... And Premium provides a boat load of features and space. *Smile*

Best wishes,
~~SM

The Storymaster Sig II. Merit Badge in Heart of Gold
[Click For More Info]

Thank you, SM and SMS for your leadership and heart of gold through the years.
RAOK's logo image.  This is a shared image, so feel free to use its item number.
FORUM
Technical Support Forum  (13+)
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
#303715 by Writing.Com Support
MESSAGE THREAD
Email Forwarding · 01-21-10 5:00pm
by Arwee
Re: Email Forwarding · 01-21-10 5:34pm
by Crys-not really here
Re: Re: Email Forwarding · 01-21-10 5:38pm
by Arwee
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Email Forwarding · 01-21-10 7:51pm
by The ScaryMaster

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2029587