*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1842644
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 14, 2009 at 4:09pm
Edited: January 14, 2009 at 4:14pm
Re: Re: Re: Site Background Color
While under consideration, it is unlikely because the site will not work with multiple background colors given the amount of site and user generated images that require a consistent background for a consistent and clean appearance.

Frankly, the emails and posts in support of the change far outweigh those against -- which is unusual because when people support a change, they have no reason to write in and say they support it; that is to say the change is already taking place, to agree with it is never necessary and is more or less redundant.

On the other hand, when one disagrees with a change, they are more likely to make that known in an effort to block the change.

So, when combined with the many emails the site has received over the years against using the pale yellow, our new up and coming white background is in the site's best interest.

... And, as I have personally used the site on the white background for 4 to 6 months, I do feel that I have a bit more insight into this than those who are assuming the worst from this change without even seeing it in place on the site. I really don't have any sympathy for people who've told me they only use the site because of the yellow background... or they'll lose interest in a white background. The site offers far more than its background color and if that simple change is enough to drive any existing members away, then I guess, that is their choice.

Best wishes,
~~SM

The Storymaster Sig II. Merit Badge in The Witch's Garden
[Click For More Info]

*^*Cat*^**^*CupcakeB*^*    Have an awesome birthday, SM! Thank you so much for all the wonderful things you do around here for all of us. YOU are appreciated! 

*^*Hug*^*
WW
RAOK's logo image.  This is a shared image, so feel free to use its item number.
FORUM
Technical Support Forum  (13+)
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
#303715 by Writing.Com Support
MESSAGE THREAD
Site Background Color · 01-14-09 3:43pm
by Zelphyr
Re: Site Background Color · 01-14-09 3:57pm
by The ScaryMaster
Re: Re: Site Background Color · 01-14-09 4:00pm
by Arwee
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Site Background Color · 01-14-09 4:09pm
by The ScaryMaster
Re: Re: Re: Re: Site Background Color · 01-15-09 9:44am
by Elisa: Stik or Treat
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Site Background Color · 01-15-09 1:52pm
by Neko ♥ Away
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Site Background Color · 01-15-09 2:14pm
by Zelphyr
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Site Background Color · 01-17-09 2:58am
by Bruce.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Site Background Color · 01-17-09 3:50pm
by Dark Lady
Re: Re: Re: Site Background Color · 01-14-09 4:16pm
by Satuawany
Re: Re: Re: Re: Site Background Color · 01-15-09 9:24am
by Zelphyr

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1842644