*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1585788
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Other · #1312285
Delight me with your guests, and don't forget a good menu.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 22, 2007 at 3:31am
Dinner is served on cloud 3
by TAofR

A dinner party for 11 guests? Oh, but the gazelles in my head started running at turbo speed! Within minutes, I already had nine guests-- however, the last two were a challenge. For hours I couldn’t think of ANYONE else who I would love to invite…but finally the last two names dropped onto my lap while the angels sang in background. So, may I present to you, Literary Penguin, my guests!

1) Zevi--Zevi is a two story tall wolf with white, almost transparent fur, and a black spot on his back--like a saddle! Now Zevi is my guardian/muse. I’ve dreamt of him since I was 16, and it seems that every time I’m under pressure, he shows up and reassures me. He’s very protective in my dreams, won’t allow anything to touch me. However, when I do something stupid or selfish, he growls and snarls at me and gives me that whole “What in God’s name was going through your head” lecture. I think he would be a great addition to the party--he just has this wisdom about him. There is no way you could not learn ANYTHING from Zevi.

2) Desirat Arzu-My muse of Raw Emotion! Desirat is…crazy *Bigsmile* Maybe because she is eternally pregnant. No joke. She represents the birth of a new idea--that spark. Oh, if she wants to say something she’ll say it! Confident, outgoing, loud, emotional--I am shocked when she visits me in my dreams or daydreams. I never know what she’ll say, or what mood she’ll be in. But despite all this, she sings beautifully--a voice that can rival that of a siren. She probably won’t get along with some of my guests but she is tons of fun! And Zevi can easily control her…never a dull moment with her!

3) Vida Chesna-She is my…mother muse I guess you can say? After that spark has settled, she helps me “shape” my creations, give them their personality, their backgrounds, they quirks and pet peeves. Very calm woman, with blue-green scales and feathers all over her pale ((and naked)) body. Though she might have to wear some clothes, her and Desirat. She’ll get along with everybody. She’s very sweet and kind and never causes any problems. She’s a great listener, and she dances like a dream! Honestly! I swear she moves like liquid or something. I would love to see her dance, and to hear her views.

4) Emiko Brisa-My last muse! My muse of child like wonder and imagination! An obedient child who is covered in light blue scales, but has wings that are made of bubbles and glass. She wears clothing made out of teal and silver leaves, and white roses. She’s spunky, innocent, sweet, enjoys flying, and is just adorable overall! There is no way ANY of my guests could dislike her. One smile from that little sprite will have anyone’s heart melting! I’m sure she can bring laughter and happiness to the party, same with my next guest!

5) Amor Linda-The first of my three “Imaginary friends”! Also a child, but far more wild then Emiko. Bounces of things, laughs until the whole room shakes with her joy. She loves to tell stories and she is very affectionate, giving out hugs and kisses at every turn. Oh, she and Emiko would be the stars of the party, no doubt. While Emiko has blue scales, Amor has lovely red and orange feathers on her skin. She carries a small box filled with all the most beautiful sounds in the world, and I’m sure she would whip it out during dinner. These children’s whimsy and happiness would bring pleasure to all!

6) Amma Wendy--The mother of the “Imaginary friends”! Ok, not really the “mother” but still. She is very kind and caring--always fussing over you. Oh, she’ll stuff you full of food alright. She’ll pet your hair and coo over you, and bake you cookies. But if you misbehave oh man, hold on! Still, I can see her fussing over everybody at the table, making sure everyone has a good serving of food and whatnot. She will just spoil everyone! I think the guests would appreciate it--even Desirat! Oh, and like Amor, she has these really nice feathers over her skin--a bright green color. And small little wings on her back--they don’t help her fly, but she only needs the power of laughter for that.

7) Arvid Michael-Last of my “Imaginary friends” and last of my own creations. A Tall, slim guy, skin covered in starry midnight and sapphire colored feathers, as are his wings. Oh, he loves to joke around. Dry sense of humor, sarcastic, and always pointing out peoples flaws just to get said person to debate with him. But he’s very charismatic, and damn it all, I just can’t hate him--and nobody really can, so lucky him. He makes people think about themselves, the roles they play--it would add an interesting twist to any conversation.

8) Captain Hook-Honestly, when I first read the book “Peter Pan” I was like--”I love this guy”. He’s an adult TRYING to be an adult, but really, he LONGS to be a child like Peter, and not worry about “good” and “bad” form. Poor, poor James. Oh, he may act all tough, and he is a bad pirate--but I got Zevi on my side. Just LET him try anything. It just be so….amusing and inspiring to listen to his side of the story--what was going through his mind all through out Peter’s adventure. And I would very much like to know WHY Peter chopped his hand off!

9)Peter Pan-I know what you’re thinking! “YOU IS CRAZY!!!” Ok, first off, I wouldn’t put them NEXT to each other! Peter would be sitting with Emiko and Amor, and, oh boy I’m sure they’ll all be happy together. Peter is just so care free, innocent, naïve and takes everything as a game! He’d be fun to hang around with, and he could teach me how to fly! How sweet is that!...and ok, maybe I would let him and Hook get into a bit of a battle…but I’d make sure nobody, including them, got hurt. Maybe watching them battle, I could decipher WHAT is going on in both of their heads!

10) The Nutcracker Prince-From the ORIGINAL fairy tale! Which means he would be brave, a gentleman, a little angry at Princess Pirlipat and his uncle, but a great and honorable soldier! I would want to hear his stories about the land of the dolls, and how he passed his time there, and what problems, if any, arose! I’m pretty sure the rest of the guests would love his bravado and all of his tales! Even Desirat and Hook!

11) Zach Braff-0_o YES! Another “real” person besides me! I love his acting in “Scrub”, and I’ve seen him on talk shows, a video blog, read his blog, and wow. Sounds like such a down to earth person, but with a very creative and imaginative mind, so I’m sure he would be totally at ease with all the other guests. He seems to be very funny, charismatic and a really easy going guy, so he should have no problem talking and making friends with this crowd!

Oh, and just for this occasion, I would ask Emiko to bring forth some sort of machine that would allow anybody to simply name their favorite food, and said machine would whip it up in a few seconds! That way, everybody can eat what they want, and nobody will whine! But the universal “food” would be….chocolate cake, m&m, ice creams, soda, ANYTHING sweet! Maybe I’d have Emiko and Amor make up some magic sugar which makes the guests relax and let loose a little more!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Dinner is served on cloud 3 · 09-22-07 3:31am
by TAofR

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The Literary Penguin.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1585788