*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1542262
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 7, 2007 at 4:06pm
Reveiw showcasing area...
by A Non-Existent User
Hi. I was just perusing the site and another suggestion popped into my head. *Smile*

Sometimes I get a review on my item that either makes me laugh out loud, feel really good about myself, and/or makes me really think. I think it would be a nice option to have a separate pop up window on an item (kind of like the awardicons window) where authors could post short excerpts of reviews they have received for the item.

I know that I am planning to share my portfolio with teachers and friends that will be reading through my work. I think it could be very impressive to them that not only did I get high ratings for an item, but people gave me wonderful comments.

Plus, its a way to promote reviewing - for example, if someone opens up the "review showcase window" for an item of mine, and they see that WriterGirl pointed out a really constructive overall mistake in my work, they would be more likely to click on her profile and review one of her works, in the hope that she would review back.

I'm not saying we should have an area that showcases entire reviews on an item, because that kind of takes away from the fun of reviewing and erases your own ideas about an item if you see what someone else has said.

For example, my review excerpts page might read:

"...you did a fantastic job using the prompt. Great work!"
-- WriterGirl

"I really enjoyed this novel... consider having it published!"
--CrazyMan

"...your novel really made me think. Good emotion..."
--JustMe

This could be very helpful to people who give their portfolios out to potential publishers and teachers.

My suggestion could be used as an added feature for Upgraded and higher accounts - the people who are really using Writing.com to improve their writing.

Thanks for considering it! *Wink*

--♥Hollie
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Reveiw showcasing area... · 07-07-07 4:06pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1542262