*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1541898
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 6, 2007 at 10:15pm
Edited: July 6, 2007 at 10:28pm
Forum hiatus?
by A Non-Existent User
As I continue to browse this wonderful site, I come across more and more of those used-to-be contests that are either on break because of seasonal requirements, or do not have enough gift points available for prizes. Or those that authors simply do not have the time to run.

My suggestion is to have a kind of "break" or "hiatus" feature for forums. When I'm browsing through the Contest genre, it would be nice if I wouldn't come across forums with notices in the description stating: CLOSED or ON BREAK. Those forums are pretty much useless to me, unless they reopen. *Smile*

This way, if an author would like to discontinue and disallow posts in the forum for a certain amount of time, they could set the forum to "Nonactive." or something like that. The forum wouldn't show up in the public listings until the author set the forum to "Active." once again.

And if a forum hadn't been posted in for say, six months, and the author hadn't logged in for 30 days or more, the forum could automatically be set to "Nonactive."

Of course, these are just ideas right off the top of my head. The forum issue isn't that big of a problem, but when I'm browsing it would be nice if I would only come across contests that were currently running, instead of those that have been dead for months now.

Or many even consider having a specific type of forum for contests that would have this option.

What do you think?

-- hollie.lu.ya
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Forum hiatus? · 07-06-07 10:15pm
by A Non-Existent User
Ability to delete posts? · 07-06-07 10:25pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1541898