<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 15, 2007 at 9:36pm
Yet Another Review Request
by A Non-Existent User
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1262841 by Not Available.

Well, I guess I'm back to abuse your amazingly helpful forum once again. This is, like it says in the summary, the beginning of my third novel. It's unlike anything I've ever done in so many ways that it just kinda baffles me, and I'm not really sure what to do with it, though I do like it a lot. It's by far the most violent thing I've ever written, which is part of the reason I need input. I've never done anything like this before, and I need to know if it comes off as excessive (meaning TOO excessive- it is, at it's core, an excessive story, though the beginning is probably the MOST excessive part.) Next to the violence, the style is probably the most obvious element. It's written in this VERY odd style that I've been developing for a while now, though this is the furthest I've ever taken it. While the prose and sentence structure actually change every character, they're all built around a poetry based approach I really like. The problem is that I don't know how well other people will like it, though I personally think it's really, really cool.

Oh yeah, to put the events in context (since this is all I have right now) this is a psychologically themed exploration of human the darker side of human conciousness, subconciousness, emotion, ect. This first chapters are setting the stage for later parts of the book, which is largely a twisting, turning, highly experimental, stylistically shifting psychoanalysis of the main character. If it can meet your standards (though you do approach literature differently than I do), I'm probably off to a good start. You read from a perspective that I'm just really not in touch with, and I've noticed that more than most reviewers, you're better at pointing out flaws in my work I've overlooked myself.

(Hmm... I think I just typed WAY to much here. Sorry.)
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Yet Another Review Request · 05-15-07 9:36pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, emerin-liseli.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1510341