*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1449736
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 7, 2007 at 5:15pm
Re: Re: Re: Hard to explain
by A Non-Existent User
I'd like to add my two cents if I may.

I don't have an Apple and like you said, if the image is not linked to an item, just letting your cursor over it without clicking will eventually make the icons (not a pull-down menu) appear and hop you go.

But I do think I mentioned this before, there are images that are not linked that will not show the icons however long you let your cursor over it.

As for printscreen, I know that it does not always work, for I tried to do it to have a certain picture of BonJovi Band during a video and although I'd done it before, in their site, no can do whatever you try, all black.

But anyone set on saving images for whatever purpose, there will always be a way. The next option to minimize the 'stealing' if you will, is to inbed a watermark within the image itself. Which I have started to do myself.

There is only so much a site owner or an artist can do to protect the images from being saved in a permanent way (not just in temp files).

I made a search of my posts on this subject:

"Right click and save image settings"   and more recently "Re: Re: No image protection"   And if you follow the thread, you will see what The ScaryMaster said about it.

It is always good to make a search of the subject you want to post about, before posting. It saves time for you as for staff and moderators. *Wink* At times I forget that myself, for it was not so long ago that something a moderator said out of this context, clicked and that is what I try to do before posting in support forums or in this one.

Regards,

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only ** Chatou ** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only ** Click *Left* to get your own!
Click the image below to get to my Shareable Folder for Emoticons you can use.
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
Click the siggie below to get to ~*~Damiana Returned~*~ 's sig-shop.
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
Hard to explain · 02-03-07 11:43am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Hard to explain · 02-03-07 11:46am
by Sophyween
Re: Re: Hard to explain · 02-03-07 11:49am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Hard to explain · 02-03-07 3:11pm
by Lynn McKenzie
Re: Re: Re: Re: Hard to explain · 02-03-07 3:39pm
by The ScaryMaster
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Hard to explain · 02-07-07 5:15pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1449736