Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1353382
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Mystery · #1112811
A prompt-based mystery short story contest PROMPT1 WINNERS ANNOUNCED
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 20, 2006 at 5:15pm
Edited: August 20, 2006 at 9:23pm
SECOND PROMPT: now accepting entries for both 1st & this one
In addition to the official prompt for this contest, I am also opening a new prompt up. Here are the details:

Describe your favorite character that you have created. Include as much detail as possible - the more, the better. No item links in this one, just post the description in your message, including "second prompt" in the message title.

I will be the only judge for this one, and I'll be judging it based on how interesting your character sounds.

Format: include name, age, male or female, date of birth, where they live, job, how much money they make, where they're from, languages they can speak, etc. (all the basics.)
Include a pretty detailed physical description, including height (can be just short, average, or tall if you don't have an exact number) and weight (same, can be thin, average, large, overweight, etc), hair, eye and skin color, curly or straight hair, favorite hair style or how they do their hair usually, any freckles, birthmarks, scars or other distinguishing features, approximate clothing size, style in clothes, etc. If they have some sort of physical disablity or problems include that too. What would you notice about this person if you saw them?
Also include a description of their personality: how do they act around other people, how do they feel about themself, what do they think about, what do they think of others, are they quiet, outgoing, courteous, etc . . . just describe their personality. Do they have any quirks, nervous habits, obsessions, favorite sayings, anything little that makes them more than just a fictional character. If they have any kind of mental problems or tendancy towards that kind of thing include it here.

This isn't a set format, just a bunch of ideas to include. There isn't a specific length I want this to be, but the longer the better. If you have a story your character is in, include an item link and I will try to check it out, but it isn't necessary to enter.

Prizes: GP's!!!! First place will get 5,000 gift points, others will get some, depending on how many I have (I still have to give prizes for the main prompt, remember.)

Most of the rules still apply to this prompt, except the deadline. More info on that later.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
SECOND PROMPT: now accepting entries for both 1st & this one · 08-20-06 5:15pm
by Caren Rose
Re: SECOND PROMPT · 08-21-06 9:07pm
by Lala

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Caren Rose.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1353382